Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Trustee : HMRC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DVN1981

3 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2021 :  19:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Do Trustees contact HMRC for information upon completion of a Trust Deed?

Thanks in advance,
DVN1981

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2021 :  09:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the trust deed forum DVN1981.

I don't think this is a standard thing for all trust deeds. There may of course be specific reasons for specific cases where this would be an appropriate course of action.

Is there a particular reason that you're asking the question? Knowing this might help us to provide you with more useful information.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

DVN1981

3 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2021 :  09:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the response!

I was just going through my deed documents which I signed a while back and one letter addressed to the HMRC gives the trustee an irrevocable mandate on my national insurance and PAYE.

I just wondered what this would be used for considering wage slips are regularly provided.

Thanks
DVN1981
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2021 :  11:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DVN1981,

I'm actually not sure about this. Hopefully Kevin or Paul will be able to shed further light when they next visit the forum.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4029 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2021 :  12:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HMRC will normally only provide information to Trustees where they have a signed mandate such as this. Many firms therefore get one signed in case you don't comply by sending in payslips etc when requested, so they can try to get the information directly from HMRC instead.

If you have been supplying payslips as requested then there is no reason why your trustee would need to use it.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

DVN1981

3 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2021 :  14:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin, that makes sense.

DVN1981
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.