Discharged in Oct 2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bookbeexo
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2021 :  13:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya

Just looking for some advice, i made my last payment and was discharged October 2019.. i was told it could take 6 weeks for the trustee to discharge and for all my creditors to be marked as settled.

its now been 7 months and my trustee is still not marked as discharged on the AIB and checking my credit it wasn't updated, i have contacted several myself and managed to get some of them updated which helps but surely i should not have had to do this? i contacted carrington dean in February and they said they were working on it but never heard back so i have sent a follow up email today.

I can't get contact details for several of my creditors, and there are a couple who are just point blank saying they cannot amend the default date?? i know it might not seem important to them but i just want everything on my report to match up so that it all falls off at the same time!

Any advice would be appreciated

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13734 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2021 :  16:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the trust deed forum bookbeexo.

Unfortunately some creditors are pretty poor at updating the credit file of those who have been discharged from a trust deed. This doesn't seem fair at all, but many people find they need to approach their creditors to make updates after their discharge (if this is important to them of course).

Regarding the creditors who aren't helping you here, I suggest you have a read through sections (06) and (07) of the following article and be prepared to make formal complaints to them if they will not do the right thing (and potentially to the Financial Ombudsman if they still will not do the right thing after making a direct complaint):

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/repair-your-credit-rating.html

We've heard from a number of people who have received compensation as well as amended default notices after making such complaints.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

bookbeexo
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2021 :  14:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for this! i will get back on it and hopefully get it sorted out
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.