Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Stressing about annual review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Veemcd

3 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2020 :  21:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm new here, I entered into a ptd in October 2017, because I pay 4 weekly instead of monthly due to when I would get paid I was told my td would finish early so last payment is due July 2021. I'm due my next annual review in October and I'm stressing so much that they say I'm spending too much on something and it's cancelled or theirs a problem. I had to give up work last year to become my youngest sons carer so agreed with my husband that he would deposit the agreed payment amount for my trust deed into my account every month, my relationship is complicated so Its only myself that's in the trust deed. In April, during lock down, I had a phone call from the company handling my td, they wanted to ask questions about my last year's review and questioned a few things on my account, this has made me so paranoid when I'm so close to finishing. What's the likelihood of them cancelling it if they think I'm not spending my money on the right things?

Paul McDougall
Trust Deed Expert

92 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2020 :  08:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Veemcd

Try not to stress. The annual review is to ensure your payment has been assessed correctly and that you can still afford your agreed level of contribution.

Given that a third party is making a payment on your behalf, I do not envisage any issues.

p

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3885 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2020 :  09:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul's right, there is in all likelihood absolutely nothing for you to worry about. Is there a particular expenditure item that you are concerned they will take issue with?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Veemcd

3 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2020 :  11:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for getting back to me it's very much appreciated, there's nothing in particular that I think would be an issue but over the past few months have had to spend a much larger amount on groceries, online items etc I wondered if they would see that as unnecessary spending. When I was called before I was asked about the amount of child benefit going into my account, a payment for 1.63 from an old bingo account that had been suspended years ago then finally closed last year and exactly what benefits I was receiving even though I had sent evidence. It was just such small things that I think I'm now overly paranoid about this next review.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2020 :  16:28:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Veemcd.

I think a lot of people's spending patterns have shifted over the past few months. They'll have seen this many times already.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Veemcd

3 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2020 :  14:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, I think with everything that's been going on recently I'm just a bit rattled by every little thing, I'm so looking forward to next year when I pay my final payment and can start moving forward.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.