Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fatgit
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  21:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All

I completed my Trust Deed not too long ago, Kenneth Le May (Company name KLM) was my Insolvency Practitioner.

While my TD was relatively straightforward, and I have no horror story to speak of, I was slightly annoyed at the lack of contact from KLM in the latter part of the TD. He (and his employees) did very little to answer any questions I had. I think I was quite fortunate that my TD was straightforward enough but I am interested to hear about any experiences that other may have had with KLM.

It's important that people have frank and honest reviews of the IPs that are operating out there.

If you can, I'd avoid using KLM as your IP. I feel if anything went astray from the TD's original arrangements then you'd spend a long time sorting stuff out.

Does anyone else have experience of KLM?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13967 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2011 :  23:01:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi fatgit (it feels a bit strange writing that!).

Congratulations to you on completing your trust deed.

I'm pleased to hear that, other than your concerns about response in the latter stages of the trust deed, all went well with KLM.

Thank you for sharing your experience, we'd all agree I think that sharing experience in this forum will help others with the decisions they may need to take in the future.

I doubt that any of the experts will feel able to contribute to this topic. For the sake of balance I would therefore like to add that Mr Le May is a well known and experienced insolvency practitioner.

KLM are of course welcome to contribute to this thread should they choose to.

I'm going to ask that anyone who chooses to contribute to this thread keeps their comments constructive in nature (as fatgit has done).

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Edited by - TDA (Debt Adviser) on 09 February 2011 23:27:02
Go to Top of Page

floblack
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2011 :  09:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fatgit,
We too are in a trust deed with KLM and it's been nothing but a nightmare. They don't respond to our calls, emails or letters, then every so often the only contact is the 6 months review which we send back. our trust deed finished on 10 march 2011 and despite contacting them 16 times to find out what happens i have not had any repsonse i have no idea what happens how we are sure it's ended when we get the certificate to say it's completed, nothing?
then on Saturday i got another review form, i emailed them to tell them i'm not completing it, as we are almost 10 days past the conclusion date of our trust deed so i will not be completing it and returning it. I've cancelled the direct debit for the monthly payments. And, still no response. Can anyone on here tell me what i can expect to happen now!

flo
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13967 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2011 :  10:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ho floblack.

Were there any changes in your trust deed contribution at any stage?

Do you have any kind of extra responsibility, for example in connection to equity in your home?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

floblack
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2011 :  11:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
No change at all, they never got in touch with me to make any changes. As i said i've contacted them repeatedly, i've mailed them to tell them i've cancelled the direct debit as the td ended on 10th march i've heard nothing to say anything about it. Is there anything legally i can do if they continue to fail to respond?

flo
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13967 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2011 :  11:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi floblack.

Hopefully this will be a non-issue and your trust deed will be closed over the next few weeks as would normally be the case.

At this stage you might want to write and ask for them to provide you with a timescale for this happening.

Go to Top of Page

floblack
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2011 :  21:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, i did that at the start of april still got no response.

flo
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13967 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2011 :  22:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously you should be able to expect a response given that you've paid a substantial amount in fees to them floblack.

Hopefully this will all be dealt with for you promptly from here. If it isn't you have options in terms of complaining to your Trustee or his/her professional body. I do hope that this will not turn out to be necessary though.

Go to Top of Page

kerry
Frequent Contributor

33 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2011 :  11:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there

I too have had nothing but problems with this company. I signed the trust deed in 2005 and at the time I was asked what equity there was in the house. I had already looked into this and therefore I said maybe 1 or 2k. I was then told that the money I must pay in relation to the house would be 500. The payments of the deed took almost a year longer than planned due to changes in circumstances, but 11 months ago it was paid up. then out of the blue KLM wrote to me to tell me that his surveyor had driven past the house (in 2009), and put a value of 42000 on it based on 2005 prices. we live in a mid terrace, no access to any of the house except the front wall.

I have since had to get my own survey done, and this shows that there may have been 7k equity in house, but this does not reflect the work I have had done over the years, including central heating and new windows. Now I have to try and figure out how to pay this money, which would have not been a problem if they had done their job in the first place and carried out the valuation at the beginning.

Also, I too have problems gettingin touch with them. you phone and are told to leave a message, and no one gets back to you. You email time and time again to the address at the top of the letter they send you, and it gets ignored. you send a special delivery letter to them, demanding that they email you to provide you with a valid email address. they do this, telling you to only reply to this specific one. you then email this address 4 times, and eventually you get an emaikl back, after 2 weeks, telling you to stop emailing because they have problems with the system,, and to phone instead!!! I'm sorry, but when I am facing the prospect of my two yound children being left homeless, I think i am right to be concerned.
Go to Top of Page

floblack
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2011 :  19:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I know exactly what you are saying Kerry, i finished my td in march 2011, i have left to date 45 emails, 61 messages and not one response! i have no idea what is happening i haven't heard a peep, in the 3 years i've been in it i have complained each year that passed with no contact, i complained to them, to the FSA and to the ombudsman and each time i'm told "you have to take the matter up with your practitioner" i have now got creditors that should have been dealt with in my protected td turning up saying they had no correspondence from le may, despite no one being near me for money in 3 years. its like starting all over again and i wander why i bothered signing up in the first place when i'm back to square 1 three years down the road. no one will help me.

flo
Go to Top of Page

phill
Contributor

12 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  10:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is terrible, there must be someone that can help you. 3 years later and back to square 1. Where has all the money went. The ip must be held accountable for this.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4111 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  21:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Floblack - You might want to raise your issues with the Accountant in Bankruptcy, who have a supervisory role over all protected trust deeds, or with your trustee's professional body.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

floblack
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2011 :  14:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, how do i do that, who do i contact, everytime i call my practitioner they say i can't talk to him, i've to leave a message, how can i find out who to complain too?

flo
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13967 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2011 :  14:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi floblack.

All Insolvency Practitioners must belong to a professional body. The details of the professional body will be on their letterhead that they have written to you on, probably in the footer at the bottom. Many Insolvency Practitioners are members of "ICAS" for example.

Anyone that is in a trust deed, who believes that they have cause for complaint, who has given their IP the opportunity to deal with the complaint, and who are either unhappy with the response or have not received a response, can take the matter to the professional body of their Trustee (their Insolvency Practitioner).

The Accountant in Bankruptcy is easily contacted, you'll find a phone number for them by clicking "contact us" at the bottom of their website.

Go to Top of Page

floblack
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2011 :  14:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for your guidance i will do that and make a formal complaint as i've given them enough chances to respond to me.

flo
Go to Top of Page

Gleith
Advanced Contributor

259 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2016 :  08:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stupidly used this firm too and would advise everyone to avoid at all costs.So glad I'm discharged now.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2022 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) AMI Financial Solutions Limited. Company Number: SC533818. Trading Address: Unit 1017, Mile End Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, 12 Seedhill Road, Paisley, PA1 1JS. Tel: 0141 848 6353. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.