Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Loan to pay off trust deed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Youjoe

5 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2022 :  07:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I am on my fifth year si I have got just over one year left on my trust deed the question is can I take a high interest loan since my credit scoring is still poor to pay off the remaining balance of 3k so I could get discharged than move the loan to a better rate once my credit score improve or is that going to get me into trouble with my trustee thanks for any help.

Mery

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4111 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2022 :  09:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Youjoe. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do this if you want to - though I would recommend you only consider it if the loan is definitely affordable for you.

The regulations say a trust deed must run for a minimum of 4 years and there isn't anything that says you are not allowed to take new credit while in a Trust Deed. I would still recommend you run your plan past your trustee first though, just to be on the safe side.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

Youjoe

5 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2022 :  09:50:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin much appreciated

Mery
Go to Top of Page

Youjoe

5 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2022 :  10:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin any hidden costs I should be aware of or just the remaining balance thanks

Mery
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4111 Posts

Posted - 02 August 2022 :  12:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't be any hidden costs. Your trustee will be able to confirm the remaining balance due.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2022 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) AMI Financial Solutions Limited. Company Number: SC533818. Trading Address: Unit 1017, Mile End Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, 12 Seedhill Road, Paisley, PA1 1JS. Tel: 0141 848 6353. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.