Finished Trust Deed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hlucas20

6 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2022 :  15:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
I was looking for some help.

I completed my trust deed last year, so relieved, and the trustee discharge date shows as 13/07/21 on AiB site. I know the trust deed shows for 6 years but does the trust deed fall off my credit file after the discharge date or 6 years from it becoming protected?
Thanks

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13967 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2022 :  09:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hlucas20,

Your trust deed entry will not show on the Register of Insolvencies (the AIB site) one year after your trustee's discharge date. You're very nearly there on this.

It will disappear from your credit report six years after it began. I'm not 100% certain whether this relates to the date you signed your trust deed, or the date that it became protected, but the date you signed it seems to me to be a more logical scenario.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

SmithyJ
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 14 July 2022 :  11:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TDA,

Were you able to clarify if it is the signed date or protected date that is the determining factor when the TD falls off the credit file?

I'm still awaiting my own personal discharge since Feb 21, but this was due to awaiting outcome of a personal injury claim which has now been settled. If i knew it was definately the signed date that is used i'll be writing straight away to get my default dates changed to that date as a few of them are a couple of months after the date I signed the TD.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13967 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2022 :  10:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SmithyJ,

I'm afraid I'm not 100% sure of the answer. The signature date makes sense to me as that's when you became committed.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2022 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) AMI Financial Solutions Limited. Company Number: SC533818. Trading Address: Unit 1017, Mile End Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, 12 Seedhill Road, Paisley, PA1 1JS. Tel: 0141 848 6353. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.