Trust Deed Forum - Income and expenditure help please!
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Income and expenditure help please!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Abi

5 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2022 :  17:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I hope everyone is doing well.
My husband entered a trust deed earlier this year. Since then I have fallen sick and Iíve had to cut my hours in half at work and get a top up in benefits which leaves us about £150 short. With the increase in gas and electricity, petrol and everything else falling under the cost of living crisis we are extremely short every month. We were asked to fill out a new I&E to reflect this. It has shown we have £85 left to our name after all bills and expenses (hobbies, clothes, haircut, mortgage, petrol etc) has been paid, not including the trust deed. My health is a progressive condition so itís not like I can go out and work the hours Iíve reduced as thereís some days I physically cannot get out of bed. Iím very worried as to what will happen to our trust deed. I would appreciate all the help and advice you can offer. Thank you!

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13963 Posts

Posted - 10 June 2022 :  09:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Abi,

Clearly circumstances can change during the minimum four year term of a trust deed, so some flexibility is built into the process to work around that.

You've done the right thing by notifying your trustee of these changes and helping them to assess your current disposable income. As I'm sure you can imagine, many people will be experiencing reduced disposable income at the current time, something that trustees and creditors will both be acutely aware of.

It may well be possible to continue with your husband's trust deed, albeit with a reduced monthly payment. Keep working with the trustee and please so let us know how this works out. Others who are reading the forum probably have similar concerns at the moment.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2022 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.