Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Debter threatning court while a trust de
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JG2022
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2022 :  20:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was granted my trust deed in 2019 i unexpectedly unknownly accepted clause or have been told i did a vet had operated on our animal and requested payment we only had 50 and i did promise to hand in the other 50 when i got payed due to bills and stuff we never got round to it however recently they have passed the none payment over to a dept collection agency thats been contacting me none stop demanding payments and adding on fees after fees,

They have cold called my door and chargerd a few of 72 pounds for the visit

And have now theatend with court action adding another 75 in court fees the agreement with the vet happend on the 2021 and i was in a protected trust deed, again i signed for the work which was a 100 bill,

Where do i stand here with this, i would jsut like some information as this does not make sense,

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13939 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2022 :  09:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the trust deed forum JG2022.

What I'm understanding from your post (and please tell me if I've got this wrong) is that:

1 - You went into a trust deed in 2019

2 - There's an unpaid vet bill from 2021

3 - There's now debt collectors involved (and a threat of court action) for the unpaid part of the 2021 bill

The key point here is that your trust deed only protects you from debts that existed when you signed your trust deed. You have no protection from any debts that you incurred later.

So it would make sense to pay what's owed ASAP, or to try to reach an agreement with the debt collection agency to pay in installments, before the costs (and risk of legal action) increase further.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

JG2022
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2022 :  09:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your advice,

but im looking to see how authentic the dept that was passed on really could be handled the way it did for example we were under no impression we were entering in to a payment agreement regarding the payment even being past to a 3rd party we signed a document for work but no document relating to 3rd partys being envolved

We were under the impression it was a cash payment and the other half was to be completed a month later i know silly but i was under not impresions i was getting in to a credit greement with the vet? but this was at the start of the pandemic and were in the trust deed leaving us short i had no intenttions of actualy not paying just waiting on money sittuation getting better

My question would be this the vet had us sign a document for work that was being carried out however there was no documentation shown to us for none payment nore was there a verable disclosure of this they have sent out a recept of the work but this also dosent state nothing regarding the bill being passed on to 3rd partys,

i have tried to reach out to the vet directly but there stating the bill has been past on to collectors, i feel the bill has been purpusly racketed up and up and up given its near at %100 of its origonal amount at a very fast rate just to give it leverage in a court,

Thanks

quote:
[i]Originally posted by TDA (Debt Adviser)[/i]
[br]Welcome to the trust deed forum JG2022.

What I'm understanding from your post (and please tell me if I've got this wrong) is that:

1 - You went into a trust deed in 2019

2 - There's an unpaid vet bill from 2021

3 - There's now debt collectors involved (and a threat of court action) for the unpaid part of the 2021 bill

The key point here is that your trust deed only protects you from debts that existed when you signed your trust deed. You have no protection from any debts that you incurred later.

So it would make sense to pay what's owed ASAP, or to try to reach an agreement with the debt collection agency to pay in installments, before the costs (and risk of legal action) increase further.

Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4080 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2022 :  11:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi JG2022. I'm afraid this is probably not the right forum for your question if you are asking whether the vet has the right to pass the debt on to a collector and for that collector to charge a fee on top of the debt. We aren't legal experts on debt collection practices, so I would suggest you try to find a lawyer who may be able to answer that for you.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2022 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.