Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Dormant Account "In Default" Post-TD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kscosmos

4 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2022 :  16:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for some advice if possible,

I was discharged from my Trust Deed in August 2021, and am in process of trying to clear up my credit report.

I can see on my report that there is a TSB Current Account and TSB Loan that are both showing as "In Default", with a Last Updated date of January 2018.

I've been into the branch and they cannot find any accounts or loans linked to me, and suggested I get in touch with the credit agency.

Given the January 2018 date, I believe this will naturally clear from my report in January 2024, my concern is if I get them to amend my report then the Updated date may change to 2022 and it will remain on my credit file until 2028 - any suggestions on what to do in this scenario?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13939 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2022 :  18:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi kscosmos,

These accounts should have a single date when a default notice was issued, which is different to ongoing monthy-to-month default reporting on a credit report.

I'd suggest trying to establish what those dates are from your credit report as the accounts will fall off your credit file 6 years after that point.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

kscosmos

4 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2022 :  11:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your suggestion - I was able to get my full credit report via MSE and as you suggested, it was a default notice date. I did see that it was 6 months beyond the date my TD became protected, so I have filed a complaint with them to have this rectified.

Thanks again for your support.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2022 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.