Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Having to move
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1985debt
Frequent Contributor

29 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2022 :  14:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am currently two years into a sequestration with a DCO and have been advised our landlord wants to sell property we rent . We have no savings at all and god knows how we will actually find anywhere to rent as there isnít much available , can I ask the trustee for a reduction in the DCO to start saving for a deposit

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13875 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2022 :  18:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi 1985debt,

I think you should certainly discuss this with the trustee to identify a way forwards.

One way or another, through no fault of your own, you are going to have to find a new home. Your trustee should work with you on this.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4041 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2022 :  20:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your trustee is not sympathetic then you could always check what tenancies available through social landlords instead, where a deposit shouldn't be required.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

1985debt
Frequent Contributor

29 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2022 :  22:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been on the social housing register for years but no success at all . Couldnít have came at a worse time . The company I deal with re sequestration never reply to any of my queries etc in the past initially I went with a company which was recommended by an advisor on here however they got taken over by this other company .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2022 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.