Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Defaults after discharge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bookbeexo

4 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2021 :  09:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I completed my trust deed in October 2020 and i am still currently attempting to clean up my credit file.. most of the companies i have not had any issues with but a few are giving me grief. Currently have a complaint in with the FO regarding Next who are refusing to change the date on my file. And Santander who have been so difficult to get a hold of i had to send them my original trust deed and my form 5 and a letter explaining why i think the account should be closed and dates changed.

The question i have is regarding dates on my file.. As i have managed to get most of the dates changed to the date that my trust deed was protected... Will the whole account fall off of my credit reports 6 years after this date... or will the account still show? I am just confused as there are 'default dates' and then 'closed dates' or 'end dates' or 'last updated' so will these accounts be removed 6 years after the default or is it 6 years after the end? Which in some cases will be almost 12 years after my trust deed was signed as it has been such a massive hassle to get them to change the dates.

Any advice is appreciated... i came into the trust deed thinking all my troubles would be away and after 6 years i would have a clean slate and now it feels like i am just starting again. Thanks you in advance.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2021 :  09:34:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi bookbeexo,

Accounts with Default Notices will fall off your credit file six years after the Default Notice was issued.

If you're able to get all of the Default Notices backdated to when your trust deed began, then your credit file should be clear of these accounts six years after your trust deed began.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

bookbeexo

4 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2021 :  11:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Thats what i was hoping! all the different dates were confusing me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.