Trust Deed Forum - End of trust deed- what do I do?
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 End of trust deed- what do I do?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rkrkrk89

3 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2021 :  06:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have around 7 months left of my trust deed. Is there anything I need to do before it is completed? What exactly is the process my trustee takes to realise me from the trust deed?

Do I need to submit my expenses etc again?

Thank you

Rkrkrk89

3 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2021 :  06:07:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Release not realise!
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2021 :  09:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the trust deed forum Rkrkrk89.

There's nothing for you to do at this stage other than to focus on getting these final payments out of the way.

There isn't a fixed timeline for discharging you after you have completed your obligations, though we know that some trustees can and do get this done within a few weeks.

It's possible that there might be some final checks just to make sure your obligations have been fully completed. It seems that firms vary a little in their approach to this.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Rkrkrk89

3 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2021 :  09:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you- can I just check what exactly you mean by obligations? Is this just that I have made all my payments?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2021 :  09:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's right Rkrkrk89 - making the monthly payments is typically the main obligation.

Other obligations can arise if someone has an extra liability to pay in to cover equity they own in an asset, or of an extra liability has arisen as a result of things like an increase in income or having been gifted cash or other assets.

Essentially what I mean is having fulfilled all of the agreed terms of the trust deed.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Edited by - TDA (Debt Adviser) on 01 November 2021 09:18:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.