Trust Deed Forum - Termination of Trust Deed?
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Termination of Trust Deed?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LR88

3 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2021 :  11:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum. I couldn't find any threads about my question.

I have been in a TD for over 2 years now. I've always paid on time and have had no issues up until 2 weeks ago. I received a letter from one of my Creditors asking me to start paying the balance of my outstanding arreas ti them. Then this morning received another letter from another Creditor which stated they had been notified that my Trust Deed had been terminated.

I was baffled as i've had no communication from my Trustee to state this and as I say have never missed a payment and inwould have thiught onwould have had to have been notified if my TD was going to be terminated?

I have contacted the company that i took my trust deed out with and they are none the wiser too as my TD is still live and protected on their system and has been paying my Creditors. I have sent them copies of the letters so they can investigate but im so anxious.

Has anyone ever encountered this and if so was it resolved?

Thanks #128522;

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4029 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2021 :  11:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you checked your entry on the Register of Insolvencies, LR88? You can search for this via the AIB website. If there is no date showing against the "Trustee discharge date" field then your Trust deed is indeed still live and protected.

Hopefully just a misunderstanding on the part of those creditors.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

LR88

3 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2021 :  11:47:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin

Thank you so much for your reply. I have checked the register and there is no date in the "Trustee discharge date" field.

I'm just so confused and anxious about the situation. I Really hope it is a misunderstanding somewhere along the lines.

Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2021 :  09:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi LR88,

Presumably there is no date next to "debtor discharge" on the register of insolvencies as well?

This does all sound like a big misunderstanding.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

LR88

3 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2021 :  13:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

There is no date in the "debtor discharge" area either. I did inform the company and they wrote to the Creditors asking them to stop communication with me as I am still legally in my trust deed.

Really strange, I just wonder what has happened.

I've had my annual review email today so hopefully that is all ok but always anxious about that.

Thank you for your replies.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2021 :  17:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi LR88,

I'm sure everything is OK. If you're in a protected trust deed there's nothing that these firms can do to enforce an included debt. They're simply wasting their resources by contacting you.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.