Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Car finance - awaiting discharge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SmithyJ
Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2021 :  10:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I made my last trust deed payment in Feb 21, however, still awaiting discharge as company state they are awaiting outcome of personal injury claim despite my solicitor making a 70/30 split agreement way back.

I'm now in the position where my vehicle is no longer roadworthy and I need one for my employment as job would be at risk. I have a company who having reviewed my credit report (i was able to get a credit card 3 years in TD and have been using Creditladder to report rent payments) advised they would be willing to give ma a 4 year finance deal at not too bad a rate.

The TD company haved asked that the finance company send this quote through for them to assess, however it is taking some time and having met all of my obligations i'm concerned that without a speedy resolution, i would have to consider alternative employment, probably at a lower income and you end up back in financial difficulties again!!

Has anyone had similar issues and best way to resolve as it seems the agents who deal with this gave limited links to the TD main office so i'm constantly being redirected to them.

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4029 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2021 :  11:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SmithyJ. If you have completed your payments then I'm not sure why your TD company would need to see it. That should only be required if it would impact on your ability to continue making payments.
My advice would be to demand answers from your Trustee as to why this is necessary and let them know that any delay on their part could have a major adverse affect on your circumstances. If they still delay unnecessariy then I would consider making a formal complaint.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

SmithyJ
Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2021 :  12:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice Kevin, I wasn't sure myself why they needed this or actually if entitled to given this isn't income coming in but potentially going out.

I was annoyed that discharge was delayed because of the personal injury claim, although, this may be common practice?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2021 :  09:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SmithyJ,

Without making any comment about the timeline involved in this case, there can be delays to dicharging someone from a trust deed (after their final monthly payment) if there are other outstanding matters that need to be dealt with.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

SmithyJ
Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2021 :  16:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by TDA (Debt Adviser)[/i]
[br]Hi SmithyJ,

Without making any comment about the timeline involved in this case, there can be delays to dicharging someone from a trust deed (after their final monthly payment) if there are other outstanding matters that need to be dealt with.

Hi TDA,

Thought it would be a couple of months at least, but not this long, and my understanding was my solicitor had binding agreement around split of any compensation claim so I thought my personal discharge could be progressed as normal but obviously not with this company.
Go to Top of Page

SmithyJ
Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - 04 November 2021 :  20:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Kevin Mapstone[/i]
[br]Hi SmithyJ. If you have completed your payments then I'm not sure why your TD company would need to see it. That should only be required if it would impact on your ability to continue making payments.
My advice would be to demand answers from your Trustee as to why this is necessary and let them know that any delay on their part could have a major adverse affect on your circumstances. If they still delay unnecessariy then I would consider making a formal complaint.

As per your advice Kevin raised concerns with the trustee and head of operations and had confirmation letter next morning, definitely worthwhile raising issue of potential complaint!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.