Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Wed love your views on the Register of Insolvenci
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steven Hewitt
Frequent Contributor

39 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2021 :  11:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you know, people who start a Trust Deed or other insolvency solution in Scotland are listed on Register of Insolvencies, which is a publicly available and searchable website. (Theres an equivalent in England and Wales called the Individual Insolvency Register).

Wed love your views on the public register how does it make you feel? Please complete our short, anonymous, survey here: https://www.research.net/r/IIRpublicviews

We are campaigning for the public register to be abolished and replaced with a private register. This would be accessible only by those with a legitimate need to access it. You can read a bit more about this here: https://www.financialwellnessgroup.co.uk/blog/campaign-insolvency-register-private/

We'd love your views and feedback,

Thank you.

Ian
A member of the team at Financial Wellness Group

DBHA21
Frequent Contributor

31 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2021 :  11:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a lot of reasons, I think abolishing the public registers is a terrible idea.

Firstly, one of the key benefits of an insolvency is that it will discharge all debt that exists at the day it began, regardless of whether you remember it or not - this legally includes debts owed to private individuals who have not yet gone to court to enforce them. The public register allows potential unknown creditors to find details of an insolvency and make a claim.

It also allows money advisors to quickly identify if an individual is already in a solution - or has had a creditor petition made against them, to help with advice.

It allows individuals to find details of their own insolvency if they have forgotten them (just off a call where I had to help someone do this)

The results do not show up on Google - someone would have to specifically go to and search for you on the register.

In all the years of providing debt advice, I've never had anyone turn down an insolvency solution because of the register (and yes, I have made every client aware of it)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.