Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Tax rebate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adam
Frequent Contributor

25 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2021 :  12:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all I was discharged back in November after a long hard 5 years my td company applied for all tax rebates as far as I know but I have been told its more than likely that I am due one my question is if I apply and receive a payment can my case be reopened to recovery any money I might receive

I have received my discharge later and my case is closed on the register

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4021 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2021 :  15:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Adam. The rule about giving up any windfalls such as tax rebates should only apply to the first 4 years of a Trust Deed. Notwithstanding that, in any case it would be extremely unlikely that your case would be reopened to gather the funds in. There shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

Adam
Frequent Contributor

25 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2021 :  19:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin
I read that anything would automatically be sent to them if I was due if I was still in the td would this still be the case with both us being discharged and thanks again
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13824 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2021 :  09:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Adam,

I guess it's potentially possible that HMRC might check with your former trustee that they have no interest in this tax refund.

If that happens (and I'm not saying that it will) I'd expect your former trustee would confirm that they have no interest in the funds and HMRC would then make the payment to you directly.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Paul McDougall
Trust Deed Expert

133 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2021 :  08:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Adam

One other point worth noting - if you owe any funds to HMRC then they may exercise set off before remitting the funds meaning they deduct any rebate against any funds due to them.

P

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Adam
Frequent Contributor

25 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2021 :  05:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for my late reply and thanks for your advise
I wish I didn't have to know about this page but glad I do be well and take care
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.