Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 discharged but company still saying money is owed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teddybear581
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2021 :  22:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI, I posted about my son a while ago asking about paying his trust deed off early . At the time we did not think we would be able to do it due to the amount owed but it turned out we could afford it so the full amount plus interest and fees were paid and he received his official discharge a few months ago. He has received an email from one of the creditors that was included in his Trust deed saying he still owed them almost 300. He contacted them and explained about his discharge and to contact the trustees. He contacted the trustees and they said they would look into it. The company aslo said they had not received any money from the trustees for months. My son contacted the company again telling them that as he doesn't owe them any money he does not want them to contact him again as far as he is concerned he paid his debt to them in full. Is this ok or could he be in bother if he ignores them now ?

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4012 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2021 :  14:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your son has nothing to worry about and can safely ignore them, as long as the balance in question accrued prior to his Trust Deed being signed.

There may be a couple of reasons for this issue arising. It could just be a timing thing - ie the trustee hasn't yet distributed the funds to the creditors but will do so soon, which should hopefully stop any further contact from the creditor.

Alternatively, it could be that the creditor believes that they should be owed more than the Trustee had accepted as a valid claim. Again this isn't your son's problem - the creditor would need to have taken this up with the Trustee when claims were adjudicated and paid. They can't come back looking for further payment from him now.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

teddybear581
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2021 :  14:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin,yes it was included in hs TD. I will let him know he doesnt need to respond to them again. x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.