Last few months of Trust Deed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DanDoyle87
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2021 :  14:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Long time lurker on the forum - a huge thank you for all the helpful advice I've seen here over the years, I've always found a solution to any worries or concerns in relation to my TD by jumping on here so honestly, thank you so much to all the advisors.

As for me - I'm now entering the last few months of my TD having signed on in November 2017. I just wanted to ask, in relation to a last payment and the TD ending, does this usually align with the date of signing or the date the TD became protected? (I signed mine on November 15th, so can I assume mine ends on November 15th 2021?).

Cheers
Dan

DBHA21
Regular Contributor

21 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2021 :  14:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DanDoyle87

From what you've described, I assume there was no term extension agreed to deal with assets and you've met all your obligations to the TD, so there's no arrears to deal with.

Based on that, you will have been expected to make 48 consecutive monthly contributions. So, if your first payment was on 1 December 2017, all other things being equal, your final contribution should be on or around 1 November 2021

Only your Trustee can actually confirm when your final contribution is due, though. If you had previously agreed a term extension, or if you have arrears of contributions, it may be that your final payment will not be until a later date. I recommend contacting them to confirm

Thanks,
DBHA21

Edited by - DBHA21 on 30 June 2021 14:49:46
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13775 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2021 :  15:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the trust deed forum DanDoyle87 and thanks for your kind words.

I guess the technical answer is that it ends (for you) once you have been discharged by your trustee.

If you have fully completed your obligations then I guess your trustee will be able to begin that work on your discharge once you have made your 48th payment and the four year minimum term has been reached.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

DanDoyle87
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2021 :  14:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks both that's really useful. I'm going to fall my trustee an email soon to enquire - just always been worried that if I seemed to eager for it to finish that it would get extended for some reason! ha. (I've had no prior agreements or conversations with them about it lasting longer than the 4 years).

Edited by - DanDoyle87 on 01 July 2021 16:14:04
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13775 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2021 :  16:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a good idea to get in touch with them.

Hopefully they'll be able to provide you with an expectation as to how long their work to discharge you will take.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.