Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Discharge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cheryl2021x

6 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2021 :  15:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my letter to say I was discharged and form 5 applied for. What is the next stages after this ?

Iím still trying to come to terms itís all over ! Itís been a quick 4 years !

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3995 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2021 :  15:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Cheryl2021x! Glad to hear it has gone by so quickly.

The Accountant in Bankruptcy will update your entry on the Register of Insolvencies to show your date of discharge. It is then official and you are no longer subject to a Trust Deed.

Your trustee's discharge will come at a later date as they will still have to tie up the loose ends, make final payments to your creditors etc, however your side of things is complete.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

SmithyJ
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2021 :  21:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Kevin Mapstone[/i]
[br]Congratulations Cheryl2021x! Glad to hear it has gone by so quickly.

The Accountant in Bankruptcy will update your entry on the Register of Insolvencies to show your date of discharge. It is then official and you are no longer subject to a Trust Deed.

Your trustee's discharge will come at a later date as they will still have to tie up the loose ends, make final payments to your creditors etc, however your side of things is complete.

Hi Kevin,

I've been chasing my Form 5 since making last payment on 9th Feb 21, but i'm being told they are waiting for outcome of personal injury claim to recoup these monies prior to final closure paperwork completion.

My solicitor discussed with my IP and agreed a 70/30 split should claim be successful, so i'd assumed this shouldn't hold up my Form 5. Is this normally the case?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13754 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2021 :  09:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SmithyJ,

Usually your trustee could discharge you while they carry on with any extra work (like PPI) connected to your case.

I do wonder whether perhaps they might be holding back on this to make sure they continue to control the PPI payout when it comes. You'd be perfectly entitled to ask them of course.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl2021x

6 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2021 :  14:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thatís for the info so Iím technically done with it all just waiting on them finishing their paperwork and waiting 2 years for my credit report to clear ?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13754 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2021 :  09:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cheryl2021x,

It sounds like you're almost done. As Kevin mentioned it becomes official once your discharge has been updated on the Register of Insolvencies (which you can check yourself online).

If your credit rating is important to you then you might want to have a read of the following article. There might be some steps that you need to take to ensure that your credit file is accurate and improves as quickly as possible:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/repair-your-credit-rating.html

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.