Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Phone contract
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Billyboy1
Advanced Contributor

63 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2021 :  23:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all sorry if this is a stupid question but my phone contract ended last july and was due an upgrade and just kept paying it on a monthly basis, but now iam looking at upgrading and want to take a new contract out, ive been in a ptd for over 2years now so my question is if a go for a new phone contract and they do a credit check will i basically get knocked back because of me being in a ptd, saves any embarrassment before i go into the shop,thank you in advance for any replys.

tigh
Regular Contributor

18 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2021 :  23:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Billyboy
We were in a Sequestration from November 2019 to November 2020, although we're still contributing for 4 years depending on our circumstances, but we renewed our contract for our mobile phone last year, without a problem. We stayed with the same company, but as far as I'm aware they still ran a check before we upgraded. It might depend on the company your contract is with. We're with 3, if that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Billyboy1
Advanced Contributor

63 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2021 :  23:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tigh thanks for a speedy reply iam with 3 aswell and have been with them for about 6years with no problems it was with being in a ptd now and running a credit check that was putting me off a bit incase i got knocked back because of being in a ptd,ive nothing to lose realy but wanted some info from the forum, thank you so much tigh.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13734 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2021 :  16:07:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Billyboy1,

We don't really hear that renewing mobile phone contracts is a major problem from members of this forum.

Sticking with an existing provider is probably a good course of action if they're offering a reasonable deal.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Billyboy1
Advanced Contributor

63 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2021 :  18:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tda that sounds more reassuring for me thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.