Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Last Payment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gibbo8907
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2021 :  07:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Made my last payment to my TD this morning, so to say it's a good Monday is an understatement!

How long should I leave it before contacting them to ask about the discharge? I was planning on later this week into next week to phone about it to give the standing order time to clear at their side.

Thanks,

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13734 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2021 :  10:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gibbo8907,

It must be a great relief to make your final payment.

I don't think it really matters when you get in touch with them. There's no reason why they can't give you an idea of how long it will take to arrange your discharge as soon as they recognise that they've received the final payment from you.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

gibbo8907
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2021 :  07:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that TDA.. I'll give them a call later today then to see what they're saying :)

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3983 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2021 :  10:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, gibbo8907

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

gibbo8907
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2021 :  13:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick question here, I've just called about the discharge etc (I noticed on their app yesterday that the payment went through to them) about it and was told 2-3 weeks for the discharge letter.. But I also phoned in regards to my Wife's trust deed that she entered at the same time and was told 2-6 months?

Is there any reason why this would be so different considering we entered at the same time with the same company?

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13734 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2021 :  14:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've honestly no idea why these timelines would be so different gibbo8907.

It's a fair question to ask them directly.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

gibbo8907
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2021 :  15:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again, just a little update.. After calling again and someone else telling me 3-6 months I asked the question, what I think they're giving me there is the timescale for the full closure and creditors being notified with final dividends etc being paid.. She then said that we should get a discharge letter in a 2-4 weeks.

Hopefully they're through by end of the month and I can look to begin the repair, or if not, I'll contact them again about it :)

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

Paul McDougall
Trust Deed Expert

108 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2021 :  11:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations - that a huge achievement. Well done !

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

gibbo8907
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2021 :  15:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a small update... Contacted them again for a small update (Just out of curiosity as I had conflicting messaging before) and was actually put through to the closure team this time!

Advised me that I should have the Form 5 through the post in the next week or so, and then also explained about the Form 7 process.. I'll be honest, I didn't even know there was a Form 7!

So was a bit more reassuring to hear a more detailed explanation that's for sure :)

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13734 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2021 :  10:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good news gibbo8907.

It sounds like you're on the final stretch of the final stretch now!

Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3983 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2021 :  11:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Form 5 is your discharge and Form 7 is the trustee's discharge and final closure

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.