Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Wage decrease
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Billyboy1
Advanced Contributor

55 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  13:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all hope everyone is safe and well,i worked a shift continental shift pattern at work,iam now on a monday to friday 3 shift pattern at work,i was on the same money for 3 months as an obligment from my work,over the last 3 weeks ian now on my lower wage now,i was paying 200 per month to my trust deed then it changed companies and i decided to pay it weekly,i pay just over 46 per week my now my wages have fallped about 60 per week in my hand,i will be contacting my trustee in next couple of days to tell them,i have just over 2 years to pay towards it,this is totally out my hands will i be able to pay less to my trust deed and over a longer time to pay it back?? Because basically what iam losing now payed towards my trust deed,iam really worried about this situation and its not my fault,anyone been in similar situation and what happened, but as said i will contact my trustee in next couple of days,thanks in advance for this worrying situation iam in ,thanks.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13654 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  14:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Billyboy1.

This must be a real worry for you.

Your trustee will have to use their discretion about what happens next. We do know that some firms are keen not to disadvantage clients who experience changes in their financial position that are entirely outside of their control.

Will any payment be affordable given that your wage reductions exceeds your current trust deed payment?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Billyboy1
Advanced Contributor

55 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  14:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tda thanks for getting back to.me tda,i will need to get a income and expenditure form to fill in,but yes i still want to make a contribution after all its my own fault for getting myselk in this situation, but i have all paper work from my work about the change at work with demand falling thats why at my department does not neet to run 24/7 now but hopefully if i can pay less but take longer than the 2 years i have left to pay it because i dont really know of any alternative at the moment,thaks tda.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3959 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  18:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You shouldn't need to extend the term just because your circumstances have worsened if it is beyond your control, Billyboy1. I would wait and see what your trustee says before you offer to do that.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

Billyboy1
Advanced Contributor

55 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  19:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi kevin thanks for your reply,ive already sent my trustees assistant an email for a income and expenditure form and looking at ways to cut back phone contract etc so i can continue to pay my trust deed but i have all paper work from my work saying its all out my hands,ive even asked management about other jobs to keep me in similar wages that i was getting but nothing available at the moment just my department is effected.but iam looking at everything to continue my trust deed kevin .cheers for your reply kevin.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.