Trust Deed Forum - After trust deed old debt help!!!
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 After trust deed old debt help!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lows
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2020 :  13:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I had a successful trust deed with wylie & bisset in 2011 and was discharged in 2013.
In February I was lettered from HMRC chasing an overpayment of child tax credits when I was on maternity leave in 2010, which was included in my trust deed.

HMRC have been sent my discharge paperwork twice but are still refusing to clear the debt and taking £60 from my bank account a month as they threatened to arrest my wages if I didnít agree to this.

They are now asking for paper work to prove this debt was included in my trust deed. I have spoken to wylie & bisset who said they donít keep paperwork that old and referred me to accountant in bankruptcy Scotland who have given me a copy of the discharge paperwork but said they canít give me a list of creditors either.

Dose anyone know what I should do to try and sort this out?

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13618 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2020 :  13:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the trust deed forum Lows.

Just to be sure, could you please confirm that the full amount that HMRC is trying to recover from you dates from before the date that your trust deed was first signed?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Lows
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2020 :  15:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, it was for child tax credit paid in 2010 for £485, my husband also got the same letter but sent his bankruptcy paperwork and it was cleared.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3932 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2020 :  15:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The debt is automatically included in your Trust Deed if it relates to a period fully prior to the Trust Deed being signed and is not being pursued as a fraud. The proof of discharge should really be sufficient for HMRC.

I wonder if they are treating your Trust Deed as if it is the same as an IVA, which it isn't.

You might have better luck trying to speak to someone at HMRC's Insolvency team in Edinburgh, who will understand the issue and should be able to help you to sort it out.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.