Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Injury Compensation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnny230190
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2020 :  21:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 11 months left of my td left but im due a compensation payment in the next month. What is the risk of having the claim paid into a different bank account and the trust deed not finding out about it ? Thanks

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13542 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2020 :  22:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the trust deed forum Johnny230190.

I donít mean any personal offence to you, but youíre asking us a question here about the possibility of defrauding your creditors and breaking the terms of a legal agreement that you entered into voluntarily.

I canít offer you any assessment of the level of risk of being discovered.

Consequences? Being stuck in the trust deed for much longer if the money is no longer available. A failed trust deed that reunites you with your debts. Being made bankrupt and having to make a further four years of monthly payments with risks to certain assets you may own as well. All possible I guess.

You really should make your trustee aware of this claim and take things from there.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13542 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2020 :  22:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíd also just point out that the personally identifying details youíve put in your forum profile are visible to any signed-in forum member.

You might want to go back into your forum profile and remove some of that detail (the fields can be left blank) because another signed-in member could currently use it to search the register of insolvencies.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Edited by - TDA (Debt Adviser) on 29 October 2020 23:08:22
Go to Top of Page

Paul McDougall
Trust Deed Expert

94 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2020 :  13:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnny

TDA is correct. Any insurance company will carry out due diligence to ensure you are not subject to an insolvency process.

Whether or no your Trustee has an interest in the funds will depend on the facts of the case.

Honestly is the best policy as the Trustee is most certainly going to find out about the claim.

p

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.