Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Help understanding extra years
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kazza
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2020 :  20:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am nearing the end of my 3rd year of my TD. The total duration is 5.5 years due to equity I had on my home and car.
I saw on another post that the extra 1.5 years can change as this is on a determined amount. My original TD payment was £350 and increased at the last review to £390 and I think will increase around another £70 this year - does this mean that my TD term of 5:5 years will reduce??

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13486 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2020 :  21:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Kazza.

It may well be a fixed amount of equity to pay, so an increased payment after the four year minimum payment term has finished might reduce the extra 18 months for equity.

During the four year minimum term period I donít expect that the extra payment will be counted towards your equity obligation.

As always with this type of quite personalised and detailed question it would be sensible to ask your trustee directly so youíre sure where you stand.

For anyone else reading who is considering starting a protected trust deed, you might find the following article useful in terms of understanding how long a trust deed can last and why the repayment terms can vary:

https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/how-long.html

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3879 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2020 :  13:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kazza
You should have signed a Form 1B when you started your Trust Deed - if you don't have a copy then you should be able to get one from your trustee. This details what you have agreed to in terms of equity in your property. I think you will likely find that a set amount is quoted on that agreement as the amount required from you for the equity.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.