Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 insolvency register
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ang2999
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2020 :  07:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, can anyone tell how long my trust deed will stay.on the insolvency register? I have checked the public one myself and it is no longer showing, it has also been removed from my credit file.
I have heard though that a Solicitors search is more in depth.so im wondering if it would show up there?

angela mckellar

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13486 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2020 :  10:10:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum ang2999.

A trust deed remains on the register of insolvencies for one year after your trustee has been discharged. The trustee's discharge could happen months after you were discharged. Both dates are recorded on the register.

A trust deed remains on your credit report for six years after it first began.

I'm not aware that solicitors have access to personal insolvency records that no longer appear on the public register.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Edited by - TDA (Debt Adviser) on 05 September 2020 10:11:29
Go to Top of Page

ang2999
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2020 :  15:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for getting back to me.
My trust deed is definitely no longer on my credit file and i cannot find it anywhere on the insolvency register but a mortgage advisor told me to get a solicitor to do an insolvency search prior to application and before i incur charges as they have access to more indepth searches

angela mckellar
Go to Top of Page

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

338 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2020 :  01:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They might be talking about a search on the Register of Inhibitions.

Your trustee would have registered your trust deed on there - to stop you selling or remortgaging any property you owned.

The trustee should also have registered when your trust deed ended.

I don't know how long those records stay on that Register, sorry
Go to Top of Page

Paul McDougall
Trust Deed Expert

87 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2020 :  08:18:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

An inhibition for a Trust Deed remains in place for 5 years from the date of registration. If the inhibition is still in place then you need to ask your trustee to recall it. For future reference , a inhibition for a sequestration is 3 years but these can be renewed.

Your solicitor will be able to complete the necessary checks

P

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.