Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Default marks throughout trust deed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wilbur1979
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2020 :  20:48:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I need some advice. I signed a trust deed in July 2014 and was discharged in August 2018. I wrote to my creditors with form 5 to get default date backdated to 24th july 2014 which they have done, however, despite having a correct default date, what still shows up is monthly default marks for each month since signing my trust deed to the month i was discharged in August 2018. I was concerned that this too was not backdated and wrote to them a second time asking for this to be backdated but the creditors (both banks) replied to say that the accounts were in default throughout the trust deed and so this redlected reality and the file was accurate.

Is this correct and does it mean that the 6 years it takes to clear my record only begins from discharge date rather than from signed date? This is not what i was advised when i signed. My circumstances since completion have improved greatly and i have managed to save a 10% deposit for a house but worry no one will touch me due to these monthly default marks over the entire 4 year trust deed repayment period.

Advice most welcome.

Many thanks in advance

Paul McDougall
Trust Deed Expert

67 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2020 :  08:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Wilbur1979

The Forum has a detailed blog about credit reports and default notices. It can be accessed at https://www.trust-deed.co.uk/repair-your-credit-rating.html

Hopefully this helps.

Paul

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13402 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2020 :  10:11:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum wilbur1979.

I think you're going to get some good news in a few weeks.

Once an account is subject to a default notice it should fall off your credit file altogether six years later.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

wilbur1979
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2020 :  11:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your quick responses and information. I am hopeful i'll see improvements after july and can get on with my life.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.