Trust Deed Forum - NEW Role in Financial Services (credit search)
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 NEW Role in Financial Services (credit search)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

looking4@dvice23
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2020 :  09:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am currently in a PTD with 17 months left. I work in Financial Services at the moment. I now need to find a new role as I will made redundant at the end of the year, I would like to continue working in Financial Services but I am really worried about the credit search! Has anyone out there had a job offer and then the new Employer has retracted the offer when the have completed the credit search? I intend to make them aware of my situation before they find it during the checks.

TIA

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13402 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2020 :  10:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum looking4@dvice23.

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing redundancy later this year.

Hopefully another member will be able to share their personal experience with you.

From my perspective I think your plan to disclose this in advance to a potential new employer is absolutely the right thing to do.

Honesty and integrity are much valued within the financial services sector and you'd be demonstrating both to any prospective new employer.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Regular Contributor

22 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2020 :  11:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Really sorry to hear about the redundancy and all the best in finding a new role.

I work in Finance within Financial Services and am currently in Year 3 of my TD.

I recently changed jobs/employer. At the first stage interview the background check was mentioned and at this stage I told them about the Trust Deed. I would echo what was said earlier that openness and honesty is the best approach. I was called for a second interview and then thankfully offered the job subject to the background checks. I supplied all the requested information for the background check and once again mentioned the TD. Following the background check I was then asked to provide further details on the TD which I did. After reviewing this I was then offered the job formally. I was uncertain whether this would have been possible given the TD so was really pleased and relieved.

I had been for some earlier interviews and generally didn't mention the TD unless the background check was mentioned or I was progressing in the interview process e.g if it was a first interview and likely to be further stages I didn't feel it was necessary to mention, I might not be called for second interview. Generally the people interviewing hadn't came across a TD so didn't know much about it.

Hope this helps but please just let me know if there is anything further i can help with.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

looking4@dvice23
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2020 :  12:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for this information.

I have an interview lined up next week

I'll let you know how I get on and hopefully our information will help others too.
Go to Top of Page

Regular Contributor

22 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2020 :  13:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news about the interview, good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.