Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Protected Trust Deeds Inquiry - Report
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

336 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2020 :  23:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say thank you to Kayak, whose post on another thread made me realise that this report has now been published.

Regular readers might remember that TDA posted a link to the Scottish Parliament Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee's 'Call for Views' at the end of last year.

The responses to that Call for Views had already been published on the Scottish Parliament website, and there is more than enough to keep us all reading through lockdown!

Now the Committee's Report is on there too - published Thursday 21 May 2020.

I'm still not sure about posting links . However, if you go to any well-known internet search engine and enter the phrases "Scottish Parliament" "Protected Trust Deeds" and "Executive Summary" you'll find it no bother

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13361 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2020 :  01:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi candlewick,

One of the downsides of operating a forum is spam posting. I’ve spent many an early hour ‘gardening’ to dispatch our overnight visitors!

A ‘no link policy’ is great cover for member and spam post deletion, but we’ve become a little more relaxed over the course of time.

In general we’d prefer people to avoid linking out. Often the external links become redundant at some point in the future, which provides a poor visitor experience for those who click the links later after the destination page ceases to exist.

However, for our trusted forum members who seek to educate and inform, we’re happily turning a blind eye. Link away!

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    

Edited by - TDA (Debt Adviser) on 23 May 2020 01:37:04
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13361 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2020 :  01:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is the link?

https://digitalpublications.parliament.scot/Committees/Report/EEFW/2020/5/21/Protected-Trust-Deeds

All introducers required to be FCA authorised and regulated debt advisers? That’s potentially a fast and meaningful win for consumers.

Of all the detriment reported in this forum (since 2007) nothing compares to the frequently terrible impact of dodgy unregulated “advisers” and their IP partners who have chosen to turn a blind eye.

Go to Top of Page

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

336 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2020 :  02:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the one!

Thanks TDA

And thanks again to Kayak
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.