Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 DAS - incorrect account
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DASdude
Frequent Contributor

34 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2020 :  00:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I hope your all doing okay in the current climate :-)

I have a question, I recently complained to a creditor in my DAS arrangement about my credit file not accurately showing a reduction from the total reflecting my repayments to date, in fact it has stayed the same since commencing the DAS. They wrote a final response saying some initial payments were received then state my payment distributor has the incorrect account on file and then provided another account. This was a debt that was with a major CC brand and subsequently sold on.

I have e-mailed my continuing money adviser this and previous correspondence I have re. the debt being sold on however appreciate it maybe a good number of days until I hear back, just wondering what happens in this scenario, are my previous payments safe?!

Thanks again.

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13402 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2020 :  09:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DASdude.

Your payment should absolutely be safe. Lenders and debt purchasers have to conform to high standards in the way they account for customer money.

A debt sale agreement will include a provision that the seller forwards any payments received to the purchaser.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.