Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Discharged
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jroger
Regular Contributor

15 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  14:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I just got a notice from my credit report that I have been discharged on the 12th. I checked AIB and shows Debtor discharged 12th but trustee discharged is still blank, is this correct or have I still to be discharged ?

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2347 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  15:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jroger,

Congratulations on the successful completion of your Trust Deed. Your date of discharge means that you have completed it.

The Trustee will be discharged after they have sent payments to all of your creditors. This will take another couple of months but it has no impact on you so donít worry. Your details will remain on the AIB Register of Insolvencies for 1 year after the Trustee discharge.

Hopefully a few celebratory drinks planned?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Paul McDougall
Trust Deed Expert

48 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  15:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Jroger

As David stated, there is a lapse in when you are discharged and when te trustee is discharged.

You would have received a Form 5 Certificate. Keep it safe!

p

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Jroger
Regular Contributor

15 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  15:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks David.

I think once the Trustee has been discharged knowing that payments have been sent then definitely a few drinks. Always worry incase anyone rejects payment or can that not happen.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13293 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  15:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can celebrate now Jroger. Congratulations to you.

It's not your problem what happens between your trustee and creditors now.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2347 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  15:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jroger,

Once you have received your discharge that is you completely debt free. The creditors cannot reject the payment.

At the outset of your Trust Deed the lenders had a 5 week period to accept/reject the proposal and they decided to accept it.

You have nothing to worry about expect what you will spend your extra money on each month that you donít need to pay to the Trust DeedÖ

Go to Top of Page

Jroger
Regular Contributor

15 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  19:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much. Itís a great forum if advice is needed.
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2347 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  23:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are welcome Jroger and thanks for the kind words about the forum.

Best of luck for the future and enjoy being debt free.

Go to Top of Page

questionmark
Regular Contributor

17 Posts

Posted - 18 February 2020 :  20:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Jroger and I am really-really jealous and pleased in the same time. I have just the 3rd annual review agreed in the new contribution and looking forward to complete the last 12 months before ending TD session :) I do hope I can write once that "I am done with TD" which was - based on the circumstances- the best option and the hardest decision of my life.
I can advice to anyone who is struggling and about to start. Fair play foremost and nothing can go wrong at the end ... !!!
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2347 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2020 :  09:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi questionmark,

Iím sure you will be back on here in no time to let us know you are approaching the end of your Trust Deed journey and I will be congratulating you on this.

Like you have said it can be one of the hardest decisions to make but it can also change your life. Struggling with debts and having the constant worry of these can take its toll on people but also their family life and relationships.

From an advisors perspective itís great to hear that Trust Deeds can have such a big impact on peopleís lives and in a positive way.

Iíll look out for you posting this time next yearÖ!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.