Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Scotish deed or bankruptcy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aloootka

3 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2020 :  23:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So after a few year of hidding head in sand i Have finally come to to. point where I need a help...
I have two loans of 10000£... Plus another 10000£ on credit cards and store cards...At this point I have no money left from my salary for living as everything is going into debts... I dont own a house and my car is worth around 1500£... I earn around 1300£ working as a carer... I have no idea what should I do... Im a nervous wreck... Please help me

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2347 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2020 :  07:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aloootka and welcome to the forum.

Well done on taking the brave step to reach out for advice and help. Now you have done that you will find plenty of advice and support on the forum.

When it comes to deciding which option best suits your circumstances the most important thing is to go over a budget with you to see what you can afford to pay per month.

On a Trust Deed you need pay a payment which the lenders will be happy to accept but there is no point in committing to a payment which isnít affordable or sustainable.

On a Bankruptcy there is no minimum payment required and you only pay whatever you can afford to pay. If you canít afford a payment then you donít pay one.

Who do you have the loans and credit cards with?

The best thing to do would be to reach out to an expert for some advice on your options. We can work through a budget with you to see what you can afford to pay and then take it from there.

Try not to worry too much there are solutions to help you deal with the debts and these will make your situation a lot better.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13293 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2020 :  09:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Aloootka.

I hope it will reassure you to hear that there will definitely be a way to get all of this sorted out. You're being smart trying to work out which will be the very best way for you.

Do you have a sense for how much you could genuinely afford to pay towards your debts each month? The way debt advisers work this out is by subtracting your household bills (and other general expenses like food, clothing, petrol etc) from your income.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Aloootka

3 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2020 :  15:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@David loans are in Lendable and Community Bank... Plus credit cards :aqua card, vanquis, Barclaycard and capital one... Also PayPal credit and credit on very.co and simply be... It's a lot... I'm paying around 700£ only for payments for loans... Then my phone contract is 65£ and my car insurance which is around 100£... I could easily pay around 400-500£ every month...
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2347 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2020 :  15:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aloootka,

Thanks for confirming all of that. Very useful information.

I know you think you can afford to pay £400-£500 per month but that is still a big payment based on your income of £1,300 a month.

Often clients will try and cut back or reduce their expenditure and bills too much in the hope that they can go onto a plan. Itís the opposite, we want to ensure that you have a good standard of living and only then think about what is an affordable payment per month towards a Trust Deed or Sequestration.

The key thing is to work through a very thorough budget with you to see what you can realistically afford to pay per month. If for example this is £100 per month then that is all you would pay on a Sequestration for up to 4 years. You can reach out to me or any of the other experts on the forum for help with your budget if you want.

How do you have your bank account with? If you have debt with that bank you will need to change. Donít worry this is really nice and easy and I can keep you right about it and tell you what you need to do.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3825 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2020 :  17:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aloootka
The most important thing at this stage is to work out what you an afford to pay to your debts based on a realistic budget being set aside for your living costs, that will mean that you aren't struggling to get by each month. This will then help us to advise you on suitable options.

A money adviser, or insolvency professional such as one of us experts here on the forum, can help you with this. We do them all the time with people so can usually tell what is realistic or not.

You don't need to worry about your car - if it only worth £1500 then it would not be affected by a Trust Deed or a Bankruptcy as long as it is reasonably required by you.

Well done for reaching out for advice - it really is a brave thing to do and hopefully should prove to have been the hardest part of the whole process, as your situation can now get resolved and put behind you.

Go to Top of Page

Aloootka

3 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2020 :  18:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Hi David i have send u a private message with all the details.
@Kevin I need my car to work as i'm working as a community carer so car is essential in m y work...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.