Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Lump Sum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lgall

3 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2019 :  20:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have my annual review due, my parents had been paying into my savings account/ISA to help myself and my partner to get a new house as we are expecting.

The house is owned by my partner, however the monies from the savings account was recently transferred by me to my partner as this went towards the deposit therefore will show on my bank statements.

It was for the sum of £7k, will I be able to explain this to my trustee or will there potentially be an issue with this?

TIA

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13192 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2019 :  22:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi lgall.

This will be a question for your trustee to answer.

It might be best to wait and see whether the question is asked at all.

As you know, your trustee has a legitimate interest in understanding whether youíve acquired assets that could have helped to repay your debts.

You may wish to take some time to prepare how youíll answer any such questions if they arise.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2018 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.