New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2019 :  20:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking of writing back and not signing acceptance with a part saying until the result of the case is published unless they take sett off comments off and pay in full
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2019 :  09:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kayak,

I can't really offer any advice to you on how best to handle this. It's a bit outside of our area of knowledge and practice.

Where you're coming from seems to make sense though. I'd want the claims process kept open if possible, until this verdict comes through.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2019 :  22:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by TDA (Debt Adviser)[/i]
[br]Hi Kayak,

I can't really offer any advice to you on how best to handle this. It's a bit outside of our area of knowledge and practice.

Where you're coming from seems to make sense though. I'd want the claims process kept open if possible, until this verdict comes through.

I have looked at all the information that RBS sent, and it states that if i am not happy with their settlement i can contact the FOS up to 6 months from the date of their letter( October), if i dont agree with their offer, after which it will stand. So happy with the waiting game for the judgement on the case. Surely we will have a result by then.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2019 :  11:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kayak,

It's certainly hoped that there will be an outcome by then. It has been posted here that the earliest outcome is likely to be January 2020.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

jhonno64
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2019 :  14:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Luke4630[/i]
[br]Happy to send anyone a copy off letters from rbs

Hi there I would be extremely grateful if you could send me the RBS letter. I am having major problems with them.

Kindest Regards

stevie smith
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2019 :  09:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi just seen your message . Get in touch with me at lukecg@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

kdyguy
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2019 :  20:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting letter from RBS today. Asking if I was accepting the £50 offer from the FOS as full and final settlement following my complaint to FOS which went against me......I think not, I will cross my fingers for the verdict and hopefully the near £4k they have offset. Kinda wish I hadn't bothered going to the FOS and just let things run the course
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2019 :  09:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is interesting kdyguy.

So basically this letter from RBS is offering you £50 now to give up on the possibility of a £4,000 payout in a few months?

Was the £50 offered by RBS on their own initiative, or did FOS instruct them to offer that to you?

Has anyone else received a similar letter?

Go to Top of Page

Hopefloats
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2019 :  15:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was offered £25 by RBS as compensation for handling my complaint badly. The adjudicator told me to accept it but I said no and asked for to be looked at by the ombudsman. Iím not expecting the decision to be any different but I havenít had a final letter yet
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2019 :  16:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hopefloats.

So the offer of £25 is in respect of poor complaint handling by RBS, rather than in respect of your PPI claim?

Go to Top of Page

Hopefloats
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2019 :  21:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes during my complaint to the FOS I stated I felt RBS had been unfair as they refused to provide me with a break down of the set off, and didnít actually tell me the money had been set off until I phoned to enquire what was happening about a month after them telling me the ppi claim was successful. They said they agreed they could have given me better information and offered £25 as compensation
Go to Top of Page

kdyguy
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2019 :  13:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by TDA (Debt Adviser)[/i]
[br]That is interesting kdyguy.

So basically this letter from RBS is offering you £50 now to give up on the possibility of a £4,000 payout in a few months?

Was the £50 offered by RBS on their own initiative, or did FOS instruct them to offer that to you?

Has anyone else received a similar letter?

Perhaps I was a bit misleading and didn't read the letter properly first time! I read full and final settlement but it does say in relation to the service of my complaint made to FOS of how the PPI mis-sale was handled. So it is not related to my PPI claim as such.
I will not be accepting anyway
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2019 :  09:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks kdyguy.

These letters aren't always easily or immediately understood. It's good to know that nothing underhand appears to be going on.

Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Regular Contributor

19 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2019 :  08:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again I have to report a disappointing final decision from the Ombudsman,despite my second appeal against their ajudicators ruling they have ruled in favour of RBS with regards the set off and say they have the right to hold my PPI monies against set off.It also states on the letter the decision will be posted on their website for information purposes. I can only hope the Court of Session appeal goes in Donnelly's favour and I can start again with a claim against RBS.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2019 :  17:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing this information Bacardibill.

It seems clear that the Financial Ombudsman Service has a settled view on this topic now.

As you say, the verdict on the court case could change everything in the future.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.