Posted - 03 February 2021 :  17:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi yes I would be in favour
Go to Top of Page

HighFive
Frequent Contributor

42 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  17:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíve just received the email below from the PPI Executive Concerns Team

ďThe matter is still with our Legal Team. I understand that they are hoping to have communications out very soon and apologies that I cannot provide a specific timescale at this moment, but please be assured that the issue is in hand and is currently being looked into.

Iím not aware of any letters that have been sent out yet in regards to this issue, but Iíll double check this with themĒ

They donít even know whatís going on within their own bank
Go to Top of Page

Mercgaz74
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  17:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Luke4630 id be interested joining your group. I contacted Friels Solicitors and they were happy to take on my claim but might be better to try a group approach.
I have also emailed RBS today in response to my letter. I will keep you all posted if i receive a reply.
Go to Top of Page

Defcon1
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  18:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have been watching this topic with great interest for a while now. I sent an email to the ppi team and was told they would be in touch whenever the legal team came to a conclusion, basically the same as everyone else got. I cannot believe the RBS are prolonging this matter - you would think they would want to put this to bed after all these years.
I would be interested in any group action or whatsapp ? group that anyone sets up.This needs to be brought to a conclusion with a definitive answer one way or another, and I think a group action against RBS is probably the best way to go about this.

Always Remember The Golden Rule, He Who Has The Gold -Makes The Rules
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  18:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in for WhatsApp.
Go to Top of Page

barneymagrew
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  20:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you count me in for the WhatsApp group as well please, do you need my phone number?
Go to Top of Page

ewenR22
Contributor

12 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  20:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in for a WhatsApp group
Go to Top of Page

MrsC1006
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  20:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been a lurker on this board for the last few years and closely watching all thr court action around RBS. I am in exactly the same position- trust deed ended in 2010 and they have delightfully set off my PPI - I have been in regular contact with them regarding all the supreme court judgements and would definitely be interested in a group action against them. I cannot believe that they are still dragging their heels but like all of you are no longer surprised at the lengths they will go to on order to avoid payments!
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

150 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2021 :  21:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone keen for the WhatsApp group please email me your user name and mobile number to lukecg@aol.com ,I will not give out any details with out your permission
Go to Top of Page

Didi1962
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2021 :  14:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be interested in doing a group on WhatsApp need this all put to bed getting ridiculous now with RBS
Go to Top of Page

Didi1962
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2021 :  10:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone has there been any more information from rbs? Taking their time to sort this out whatís everyoneís thoughts
Go to Top of Page

mickyboy.70
Contributor

12 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2021 :  12:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Didi, yes I received a letter last Friday with an offer to settle my claim along with a form requesting my bank details. However, RBS are still ins#8203;erting a caveat about 'any final settlement will take into account any outstanding arrears or debt...' In my reply I paraphrased what Kevin Mapstone had previously said 'RBS cannot offset PPI related claims automatically...they have to convince a Sheriff to reverse my discharge and reappoint a Trustee to oversee that any due funds are distributed fairly amongst all creditors, not just RBS...'Given that the amount in my case is relatively small and that my original Trustee's company is no longer in existence it will be very interesting to see what their next move is! Will keep everyone informed.
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2021 :  19:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a similar "Standard" letter, and replied saying i wanted a cheque, not prepared to give bank details or agreeing to set-off. I also stated my case was similar to Donnelly V RBS, and that i had enough and was ready to go to court!

This was the reply:

"Thank you for your email.

This matter is still with our Legal Team who have advised that as soon as there is an update, impacted customers will be contacted. I understand that they are hoping to have done this very soon and apologies that I cannot provide a specific timescale at this moment, but please be assured that the issue is in hand and is currently being looked into.

Kind regards

This matter is still with our Legal Team who have advised that as soon as there is an update, impacted customers will be contacted. I understand that they are hoping to have done this very soon and apologies that I cannot provide a specific timescale at this moment, but please be assured that the issue is in hand and is currently being looked into.

Kind regards

John Hutcheon | PPI Executive Concerns".
Go to Top of Page

Didi1962
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2021 :  15:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mickyboy70 I have received a similar letter with an offer for just one of our ppi claims we sent the form of acceptance back over a week ago but not heard anything back. They are always giving the same answer itís with our legal team we will be in touch as soon as there is any news. I am not prepared to let them keep my ppi that was awarded and I will be taking them to court if nothing is settled in full. I look forward to hearing hoe you get on with your claim good luck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.