Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2020 :  16:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a reply from RBS today as follows:

Thank you for your email.

Our Legal Department have messaged me to advise that in relation to the latest judgment, they are now finalising the Bank’s approach in regards to this. They have advised that they will contact me once this has been established and I will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

Kind regards

John Hutcheon | PPI Executive Concerns
natwest group

5th Floor | 1 Hardman Boulevard | Manchester | M3 3AQ | Depot 049
Go to Top of Page

Mercgaz74
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2020 :  16:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received the same email from RBS this morning. Fingers crossed they realise and stop wasting money in legal fees and pay up
Go to Top of Page

GrangeLachie
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2020 :  16:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks sorry to be a pain but been giving the run around by rbs ppi team, what's the best email address to chase up regarding this case?
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2020 :  17:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PPI.ExecutiveConcerns@rbs.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2020 :  19:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mercgaz74[/i]
[br]Received the same email from RBS this morning. Fingers crossed they realise and stop wasting money in legal fees and pay up

Unfortunately , what they pay out in legal fees is a fall in the ocean compared to what they would have to pay out.
We can live in hope!
Go to Top of Page

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

348 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2020 :  20:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Kayak[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mercgaz74[/i]
[br]Received the same email from RBS this morning. Fingers crossed they realise and stop wasting money in legal fees and pay up

Unfortunately , what they pay out in legal fees is a fall in the ocean compared to what they would have to pay out.
We can live in hope!

Lady Wolffe took the opposite view towards the end of para 111 of the judgement. She reckoned that the settlement sum was 'paltry' from RBS' perspective, and in proportion to the legal fees they've probably incurred.

I don't want to be overly optimistic that we've finally got to the end of this story - but for anyone who has been fighting for a PPI refund for years, it's worth reading para 111.
Go to Top of Page

Debtnomore
Frequent Contributor

44 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2020 :  06:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have until the 21st January to accept my ppi offers . I have emailed RBS several times regarding their position and whether the claims I had would be offset against my discharged trust deed. They have ignored three of my emails. They only replied to the first asking if I could resend a copy of my form 5 as a pdf. Can anyone advise what I should do?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13705 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2020 :  11:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debtnomore.

If you have until January 21st then perhaps it's best to just wait things out for now?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2020 :  07:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks candlewick, i have read the whole report, i was talking in general terms about the amounts RBS in total will pay out and not case specific. I really wish there was a like button here:)
Debtnomore, normally on the RBS documents there is a paragraph stating that you accept set-off then thats what you are doing. However if set-off is proved illegal, they have to pay it back. As TDA said, wait till 21st, however before 21st email and say under the outcome of the case you dont accept set-off.
Go to Top of Page

MrBlue32

3 Posts

Posted - 27 December 2020 :  15:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Long time lurker on here and only recently registered.

Like most people under this topic i have been chasing up the RBS with letters going back to 2017 with no such luck and have been following replies on here and the Donnelly case.

On Christmas eve i received letters in response to my PPI claim with the following information

"we previously wrote to you on dec 2017 with an offer in respect of the above mentioned ppi policy. To date we do not appear to have received a response from you to enable us to make payment.

Should you wish for the outstanding offer to be paid, it is a requirement tht you accept the offer and provide us with your account details via the banks online form within 12 weeks from the date of this letter. Failure to respond within this time could result in your offer being withdrawn.

On receipt, we will endeavor to make payment as soon as possible to your nominated account, subject to clearance of any arrears you may have with the bank. Any statutory interest payable will be recalculated upto a maximum of 28 days from the date of the offer letter"

Now the tone of this letter is different from the banks other responses. Every other letter has mentioned the "Donnelly case" and awaiting on the outcome, but not this one.

I have emailed the bank back for clarity on what this actually means as-
The letter dose not confirm the monetary values of the offer
They claim they have not had a response, despite 3 years worth of letters and emails
Statutory interest looks like is only payable to the original date of the offer - surely the offer should be recalculated to date?

Is this the bank backing down as a result of the Donnelly case but still trying to not pay out in full by stating the original claim dates?

Has anyone else received anything similar?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

146 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2020 :  08:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mr blue32 never had a response like that ,my last letter from rbs states when a final determination has been reached the bank will pay money to detour,I'm not sure you could accept but quote court cases that ppi cannot be offset and that as you see it there are no arrears as per trust deed conditions.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

146 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2020 :  09:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen that rbs will be NatWest group from Wednesday keep an eye on that one in regards to paperwork ,Maybe the advisors could comment on this .
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2020 :  11:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a similar letter with no monetary value attached i replied to them about this and never heard another word.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

146 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2020 :  12:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked rbs online ppi acceptance forms that do mention arrears etc. Online form under decleration and acceptance I'd say is not right for rbs to quote this now .I'd be on the phone asking for confirmation on rbs wording on there forms due to recent court cases .or make it clear you accept under protest to there offset ,/arrears . Policy

Edited by - Luke4630 on 28 December 2020 13:25:12
Go to Top of Page

MrBlue32

3 Posts

Posted - 29 December 2020 :  08:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies.
I have contacted Mr Hutcheon (RBS) in order to provide an update on the latest position. I will let you know when he has responded

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.