New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

kdyguy
Frequent Contributor

25 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2020 :  20:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like their bog standard reply, I received exactly the same this afternoon from RBS
Go to Top of Page

Debtnomore
Frequent Contributor

44 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2020 :  23:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just an update on my situation. I recently emailed RBS asking about whether my PPI claims would be offset against my discharged Trust Deed. They asked me to send a copy of my Form 5 which I duly did. I explained that I had been given a timescale to accept the 5 offers and that before accepting, I wanted to know what I should expect to happen. They have replied but only asking that I resend my form 5 as a pdf. More waiting. Like many others on this forum, I would just like some closure on this once and for all. Hoping it will be very soon.
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2020 :  21:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a letter today saying i had not replied to a payment offer from RBS on 07/06/2019
and that i had 12 weeks from the date on the letter, 11 November 2020 (so 8 days to come from PPI Team in Manchester, must have been delivered by snail), or FAILURE TO RESPOND WITHIN THIS TIME COULD RESULT IN YOUR OFFER BEING WITHDRAWN.

I have no idea what the offer was so i have asked for it to be resent. Watch this space!
Go to Top of Page

Brian5
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2020 :  14:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My original claim against Direct Line, was successful, but I had recieved acceptance forms that I did not sign as there was a clause allowing RBOS to hold the funds against my trust deed.

I told my claims company that I had sent the forms in, but had heard nothing back, so they lodged a complaint with the FOS, months ago.

A couple of weeks ago they asked me to contact RBOS and get new accpetance forms, then sign and return them.

I haven't done that yet, So when a pile of letters from RBOS arrived this morning I thought it was probably a new batch of acceptance forms.

It is infact a pile of cheques from RBOS in settlement of my claims, the accopmanying letters thank me for accepting their offer via the FOS.

So this could be good news for everyone else, either that ot I am some special case.

Good Luck guys.

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

Mandyn

3 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2020 :  16:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow well done Brian 5 ...Congratulations!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2020 :  13:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian 5, well done!! However, can you share what the acceptance offer letter via FOS was please? The reason i ask is was there mention of set off in it?
Go to Top of Page

draggo70
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2020 :  21:13:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI fist time posting. I have been watching this thread for some time now and it looks to be going in the favour of us that were denied our ppi due to set off.
I had my claim set off back in 2017 after signing all that appropriate forms, I would like to ask the forum members if there is something that I should be doing just now to get my money if all goes well or will this be an automatic process of being paid out by the rbs.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13851 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2020 :  09:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi draggo70.

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

We don't have an answer to your question but there may be members who are willing to share their own views with you.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Mercgaz74
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2020 :  11:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Draggo70

Welcome to this forum.
I am in the same situation as you, i ended up signing the paperwork snd a full offset was conducted.
I have since seeked legal advise and if RBS start to pay these monies out we should get ours, lawyer said they need to, if not he will take up my case.
Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Frequent Contributor

27 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2020 :  12:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For everyone's info re Set Off and RBS, I have received this note from Scottish Courts in Edinburgh today..."XA17/17 Mrs Alison Donnelly v RBS, this case has a hearing set down for 1st December 2020 at the Court of Session, as you a not directly involved legally, this is all the information I can provide, the agents involved in the case are Blacklocks for the Appellants and Pinsent Masons for the Respondents"
Let's hope they get a positive result for Mrs Donnelly.
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2020 :  21:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any idea Bacardibill what the case point is for RBS? Reading all the available material the only thing i could see is to tackle it from a fraudulant stance, that there was knowledge of PPI payments due at the time of Trust Deed? When i read about this, i was the same, in that i was discharged before PPI even came to light, and have proof of the same. I hope Mrs Donnelly wins, its been a long and courageous battle for her, and many of us on here.
Go to Top of Page

Brian5
Contributor

9 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2020 :  12:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kayak,

The Letter, with Cheque attached, said,

"Settlement of your PPI with Direct Line,
Thank you for accepting our offer via the FOS service".

The rest of it was the letter is the usual bumf, and ends with,

"Please note that if you are awaitin payment on any other PPI complaint you have with us, we will write to you in due course.

We confirm that this now settles this matter and your case file has now been closed".

My settlement included 4 seperate accounts, which were joint with my wife, so they actually split all the settlemnts in half, so we got 8 cheques in total, I am pretty sure we only included 1 Direct Line account in our trust deed, which was completed in 2006, but I can't be certain about how many account we had over the years with Direct Line, so I suppose it is possible that there is still one outstanding, that involves a trust deed, but I would have assumed they would have included that in the settlement letters and advised if it was being held against a trust deed. BUT....hopefully it's not and they have started paying out.
Go to Top of Page

Mercgaz74
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2020 :  19:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Brian5 thats great news.
RBS keep ppi monies from loans that i had taken out and paid in full years before i stwrted my trust deed by conducting a full offset.
Fingers crossed its good news on the 1st December for everyone

Go to Top of Page

head-just-above-water
Advanced Contributor

81 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2020 :  09:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a copy of what I received today from rbs. Looking at the wording it looks like RBS is taking Donnelly to court this time.

I have now spoken to our Legal Department regarding your case as I understand the Application for Permission to Appeal to the UK Supreme Court in the Donnelly case was refused. We are, however, still awaiting a decision in the second Donnelly action. The Legal Department have advised me to pass on the following message to you:

While the Bank acknowledges the decision of the United Kingdom Supreme Court not to grant permission to appeal in Donnelly v RBS, the Bank is awaiting the outcome of related litigation before the Outer House of the Court of Session (RBS v Donnelly).

The decision of the court in RBS v Donnelly is expected in the coming weeks. The outcome may again change the legal landscape regarding the payment of PPI Redress in circumstances such as your own. Therefore, the Bank will not make payment of your claim at this stage. We will keep this position under review.

I trust this information has been helpful, but if you have any further queries please let me know.

Kind regards

John Hutcheon | PPI Executive Concerns

Edited by - head-just-above-water on 30 November 2020 09:48:25
Go to Top of Page

Debtnomore
Frequent Contributor

44 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2020 :  18:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the court case likely to go on for days, weeks, months? Just wondering when we are likely to have closure to this situation.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, c/o Bright Oak Ltd, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 0141 2490416.