New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bacardibill
Frequent Contributor

25 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2020 :  08:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well yes,that's how I have taken on his comment..........
Go to Top of Page

Duckbill
Regular Contributor

24 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2020 :  14:31:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bacardibill, thanks for cheering me up today. That's great news! Will this Chief Case Officer be in touch with you with the final decision?
Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Frequent Contributor

25 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2020 :  16:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure but I will certainly be following it up with him, if nothing seen or heard in the press or media.
Go to Top of Page

Debtnomore
Frequent Contributor

44 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2020 :  16:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Becardibill,

I was successful in claiming ppi with RBS in May 2018 but as others have found, it was stated that the 6 claims would be offset against my trust deed debt. I didnít sign anything or reply and decided to wait and see what the court judgement would be. Out of the blue today, I received a letter from RBS saying I have 12 weeks to accept the offer and to send my bank account details. I was reading your comments with interest and I am now presuming they are still planning on offsetting the ppi funds.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

146 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2020 :  12:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi debtnomore I have a letter from rbs you might want a copy off going forward .My thoughts are they could be pulling a fast one ,I'd sit back just now ,feedback from ombudsman did agree with me on the wrongfull wording in there letters ,regarding offset
Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Frequent Contributor

25 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2020 :  15:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The good news is that RBS lost the appeal on the Donnelly case at the Supreme Court but as you can see from the note I received today from RBS PPI Concerns Team they are still playing "Hardball"...Ö.the fight continues !!

I have spoken with our Legal Department following the Bankís unsuccessful appeal to the Supreme Court and they have advised me to pass on the following information:

While the Bank acknowledges the decision of the United Kingdom Supreme Court not to grant permission to appeal in Donnelly v RBS, the Bank is awaiting the outcome of related litigation before the Outer House of the Court of Session (RBS v Donnelly).

The decision of the court in RBS v Donnelly is expected in the coming weeks. The outcome may again change the legal landscape regarding the payment of PPI Redress in circumstances such as your own. Therefore, the Bank will not make payment of your claim at this stage. We will keep this position under review.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13705 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2020 :  16:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bacardibill.

If I'm reading this correctly it doesn't sound as though RBS lost this case at the Supreme Court, perhaps more that the Supreme Court decided not to hear the case at all?

I haven't heard anything regarding the related action but perhaps someone has heard something that they can share?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

146 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2020 :  11:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same reply back for me
Go to Top of Page

ewenR22
Contributor

12 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2020 :  16:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you be able to forward the RBS letter to me as well? #128077;

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Luke4630[/i]
[br]Hi debtnomore I have a letter from rbs you might want a copy off going forward .My thoughts are they could be pulling a fast one ,I'd sit back just now ,feedback from ombudsman did agree with me on the wrongfull wording in there letters ,regarding offset

Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2020 :  18:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same reply to me! Anyone have any details of what the other case is?

Thank you for your email.

I have spoken with our Legal Department about the courtís rejection of the appeal and how this now impacts the situation. They have advised me to pass on the following information to you:

While the Bank acknowledges the decision of the United Kingdom Supreme Court not to grant permission to appeal in Donnelly v RBS, the Bank is awaiting the outcome of related litigation before the Outer House of the Court of Session (RBS v Donnelly).

The decision of the court in RBS v Donnelly is expected in the coming weeks. The outcome may again change the legal landscape regarding the payment of PPI Redress in circumstances such as your own. Therefore, the Bank will not make payment of your claim at this stage. We will keep this position under review.

I trust this information has been helpful, but if you have any further queries, please let me know.

Edited by - Kayak on 17 November 2020 18:27:06
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13705 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2020 :  21:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím probably speaking too soon here, but doesnít it feel like this is heading rapidly towards a conclusion at last?

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

108 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2020 :  22:02:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to be, however the other litigation is it stalling for the inevitable or do the actually have a point of law?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13705 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2020 :  22:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I honestly know nothing about it Kayak. Iím hoping someone else does and will share it here.

I could find a public online reference to the case but thatís all.

The RBS wording shared here just doesnít feel especially optimistic, but who knows after all of this time.

To be fair to them, they seem to be providing a good bit of detail in these individual email updates. Sharing more than we knew before.

Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

146 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2020 :  10:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ewenr22 yes can send letter send me over an email to lukecg@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

ewenR22
Contributor

12 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2020 :  12:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Luke4630[/i]
[br]Ewenr22 yes can send letter send me over an email to lukecg@aol.com

Thanks will do.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.