New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

MrM
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2020 :  16:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just heard back from Capital One. They have back tracked and will now be paying me PPI.

I emailed them a very short note and also a copy of the court ruling and after a few weeks they made this decision, given circumstances we are in I think it was a quick reply.
Go to Top of Page

ellie126
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2020 :  18:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I have been completely discharged from a trust deed since 2009, and was advised of a successful PPi claim from RBS/Directline , they were all set to send me the cash, and I received a text last week to say they are checking arrears insolvency? Does this mean I'm probably not getting my money?
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2020 :  19:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a possibility. Until the case is heard they will still set off against any outstanding debt.
Go to Top of Page

Fed Up
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2020 :  19:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Trust Deed completed April 2003. RBS sent me a letter saying I was due over 6K in January then sent another letter the end of February saying my money was being offset. Blackhorse, Barclays and Santander all paid out - just RBS that are being awkward. Called them and quoted court case and they said the appeal should be heard before the end of the year. Not going to be any quick resolution unfortunately.

Fed Up
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2020 :  10:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fed up ,do you need any copy's off letters I have from rbs please email me you might need in due course get on (lukecg@aol.com)
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2020 :  19:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick note just seen an article in the Guardian dated sat 14th dec 2019 In regards to a whistleblower within Finicial Ombudsman service interesting read if you have a look
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2020 :  10:02:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting Colin
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2020 :  11:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all busy going through FOS decisions upheld and not upheld ,last decision logged was 28 oct 2019 some wording as (relevent at the time ) is interesting , I'm going to read through all 830 cases , as I dont see many complaints in regards to ppi after trustdeed , keep you posted if I uncover anything else
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2020 :  18:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just spent 8hours going through FOS not upheld decision in regards to rbs and ppi after trustdeed and I am appalled by the ombudsman responses to complaints ,at no point has there been a mention to industry practice and Further reading FOS should consider relevant law ,common expression used by FOS (I'm not bound to follow it ) I have started to take a list off 7 ombudsman involved and see a pattern in there decisions and see this as total abandonment by FOS in regards to our complaints. I will be looking at taking these findings to the press to look over .
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2020 :  20:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work Colin. Its possible that there are "vested " interests along the way. By that i mean the old school,and people with shares etc in RBS. I just prey that true justice as it has so far holds out and RBS are brought to task and pay what they owe
Go to Top of Page

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

338 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2020 :  23:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Luke4630[/i]
[br]
... I will be looking at taking these findings to the press to look over .

Remember that there is no guarantee the press will present your case sympathetically, or take the line that fault lies with the bank(s).

They might do that.

They could also choose to present it as '(*edited*), who walked away from thousands of pounds of debt while other hard-working Scots scrimped and saved to make sure they paid back what they had borrowed, now wants a payout from the very banks he didn't pay back himself.'

Once you have let the press genie out of the bottle you have no control over it. It is not yours to command -so you need to weigh up the risks too.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2020 :  07:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good points Still going to press
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2020 :  08:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Candlewick what's your story I'd appreciate if you didn't use my name on a forum page
Go to Top of Page

candlewick
Advanced Contributor

338 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2020 :  23:19:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Luke4630[/i]
[br]Candlewick what's your story I'd appreciate if you didn't use my name on a forum page

I used your forum username minus the numbers.

Perhaps you're mixing me up with another poster who appears to have used your given name at least twice on this page alone?
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2020 :  07:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Candlewick go and jog on
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.