Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2020 :  23:10:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry... I might have explained better.

I’m just referring to people we know and/or who we’re connected with who pick up on things like this quickly. There’s quite a lot of industry chat that goes on in social media.

There’s been no chatter on this subject when we last checked. The last search was yesterday (lots of other things going on etc).

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  15:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email today from FO they now want to look at my complaint will post further info ,very strange coming from them
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  18:03:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news Colin, this could be another payout RBS may need to front
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2020 :  20:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on FO email today with an appoligy from them .They are looking for further information from me , Court case was mentioned in there email , just starting on my response ,keep you all posted .
Go to Top of Page

kdyguy
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2020 :  14:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update Colin on the FO, they seem to have been siding constantly with RBS so will be interesting to see if their position changes
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2020 :  20:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just sent of a mountain of emails and paperwork to FO in regards to my complaint ,I have also quoted The valid finial response time frame on FO website , I have also mentioned other consumers they are letting down ,see what comes back
Go to Top of Page

head-just-above-water
Advanced Contributor

67 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2020 :  10:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update from RBS about 10 minutes ago.

“The application for permission to appeal was lodged on Wednesday, 18 December, in advance of the deadline. A court hearing is due to take place in early course. A hearing took place at the Court of Session on Tuesday, 11 February. The Bank has 28 days from that date, to lodge their appeal with the Supreme Court.”

Looks like here we go again.

HJAW
Go to Top of Page

Mercgaz74
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2020 :  12:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just looking for an update, I called RBS this morning to see if an appeal has been lodged but got no where.

G Wood
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2020 :  17:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard of any updates Mercgaz74.

I'm sure if someone else has they'll share what they know here.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Regular Contributor

19 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2020 :  09:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A note I received from the Donnelly solicitors...……"on 11th Feb 2020 the RBS application for "Leave to Appeal" was refused in the Scottish court. RBS will now try and go direct to the Supreme Court asking them to grant a "Leave to Appeal". We await that response"
Here's hoping those of us with held set off monies that the request gets refused...…...
Go to Top of Page

Mercgaz74
Contributor

7 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2020 :  17:31:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that update Bacardibill, does anyone know the timescale RBS has to lodge an appeal to the supreme court? I read somewhere there had 28 days from 11th February but nit sure if that is for the supreme court or not.
Theres hoping it doesn't go anywhere and we all get out due monies plus extra interest for undue delay.

G Wood
Go to Top of Page

Duckbill
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2020 :  15:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This Link gives information about the appeal systems in various courts. https://www.supremecourt.uk/docs/a-guide-to-bringing-a-case-to-the-supreme-court.pdf It is not clear to me if there is a time restriction or not.
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2020 :  23:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(3) Any application to the court for leave to appeal shall be made in Form 40.2.
(4) An application to the court under paragraph (3) for leave to appeal shall be lodged in the
General Department —
(a) within the period prescribed by the enactment by virtue of which it is made; or
(b) where no such period is prescribed —
(i) within 42 days after the date on which the decision appealed against was intimated
to the appellant;
(ii) where the tribunal issued a statement of reasons for its decision later than the
decision, within 42 days after the date of intimation of that statement of reasons to the
appellant.
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2020 :  23:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the full document;
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/rules-and-practice/rules-of-court/court-of-session/chap41.pdf?sfvrsn=20
Go to Top of Page

head-just-above-water
Advanced Contributor

67 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2020 :  11:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As their 28 days from the 11th of Feb have now passed. I have asked them for a update to RBS's intended action. I will post any reply they give me.

Hjaw
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.