New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2020 :  09:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd start sending in emails again to there ppi team again quoting undue delay . Il be sending an email off today
Go to Top of Page

Duckbill
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2020 :  14:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just Contacted a lawyer in Scotland and he has put me onto this link.
https://www.supremecourt.uk/docs/a-guide-to-bringing-a-case-to-the-supreme-court.pdf It is all down to interpretation and it could be that someone who is more familiar with 'legalese' could offer an interpretation. As I see it, they have 48 days to set an appeal in motion through the Court of Session, however, the Supreme Court can allow an appeal beyond this time and there is no limit to the time for this.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2020 :  15:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Duckbill,

I'm no expert on these matters, but my interpretation is the same as yours.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Angibabes
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2020 :  10:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I received this reply from the PPi executive concerns team this morning

I have liaised with our Legal Team who have advised me that an appeal has been lodged and provided me with the following information:

‘The application for permission to appeal was lodged on Wednesday, 18 December, in advance of the deadline. A court hearing is due to take place in early course.’

They have advised me that the first hearing has been fixed for 11 February 2020. As soon as there is a further update we will let you know.

Some of you may have received the same reply
Go to Top of Page

Duckbill
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2020 :  16:42:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, it would appear that RBOS departments are as good at talking to each other as they are with us! In Bacardibill's post of 13th January, the RBOS email stated that the department responsible for decision making hadn't yet made its mind up. Yet 10 days later they announce that an appeal had been submitted 4 weeks previously. Something stinks about the way this whole debacle has been handled by them.
What do they mean by 'the first hearing'.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2020 :  17:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Duckbill,

I've no idea what's happened here. I think it's possible though that you could apply for permission to appeal, before the set deadline, without having made a final decision that you would actually appeal? Just keeping your options open really.

The first stage is probably to persuade the Supreme Court that they should hear this case at all.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2020 :  20:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email back from FOS. Today . Email says because there has been a court involvement this isn’t a case we can take on . There is some complaints we don’t think it would be right to take on . Unbelievable .
Go to Top of Page

Duckbill
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2020 :  22:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Colin, can you post the email from FOS? They have been involved all along and as they are an impartial organization, they don't take cases 'on'.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2020 :  14:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duckbill hi send me an email to lukecg@aol.com I'll send you over FOS reply
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2020 :  12:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recieved a letter from RBS today as they had not replied i contacted Alison Rose, very much the same as everyone, application for permission to appeal was lodged on 18th December,hearing fixed for 11 February 2020 , as appeal is first required to be made in the Inner House of the Court...................
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 10 February 2020 :  19:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All fingers crossed for tomorrow and hope that the appeal is thrown out/wont be heard?
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=9edbaca7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2020 :  20:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone heard how the hearing went today?
Go to Top of Page

Duckbill
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2020 :  23:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kayak, I've been wondering the same thing. Do any of the TDA's have any idea how we may be able to find out the outcome?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2020 :  00:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ve looked at the usual LinkedIn and Twitter channels a couple of times. There’s nothing there.

I guess we’ve learned over a long period of time that this type of thing doesn’t seem to move forwards very quickly. If someone else has heard anything I’m sure they’ll share it.

Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2020 :  20:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are the usual LI & Twitter channels?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.