New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2019 :  10:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Duckbill - I've heard nothing further I'm afraid.

I've just edited the title of this topic. The search engines are currently picking up older forum threads which are less current and relevant than this one. Hopefully the name change will allow more internet searchers to get directed to this more up to date thread.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2019 :  09:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just phoned rbs still awaiting an answer . I have put to them I am now claiming compensation for undue delay on top off ppi claims due . This has been added to there paperwork
Go to Top of Page

Kayak
Advanced Contributor

72 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2019 :  00:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Colin, never thought of that, however, is that not taken into account when thy pay out?
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2019 :  08:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi looking at a different approach until outcome . A Complaint into the finicial ombudsman for distress caused by rbs for unpaid monies . They have a section on there web site . I'm claiming for 5 and a half years . I also suggest that all concerned send follow up emails to rbs executive team claiming compensation for undue delay . And you are now looking for additional compensation for distress upset and inconvenience.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2019 :  16:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Complaint sent to financial ombudsman . I am urging all effected to send in a complaint to them using there online form . I have quoted date when verdict was handed down inc court ref number . My complaint to them is for undue delay . And additional compensation for distress upset and inconvenience going back 6 years . More complaints sent the better . I left out additional paperwork at this time .
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 28 December 2019 :  09:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email today from rbs . They are still reviewing thrre position . No further update at this time .
Go to Top of Page

Angibabes
Contributor

14 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2020 :  09:15:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I received a letter from the FOS at the weekend which has the final decision regarding the set off the PPI claims against old debt. The final decision is that they are agreeing with RBS to set off.

I can now agree with this decision which RBS will set off the PPI with the debt and make it binding or disagree. I am going to disagree with this decision so this isn't binding. I do have the choice to this by the 8th February 2020.
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2020 :  10:29:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've sent a complaint to FOS I quoted court case outcome . Unreal them coming back to you with this answer .
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2020 :  10:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They see it from a different perspective Luke4630.

Their role is to put people back in the position they were in before a financial organisation made a mistake of some sort. In this instance they could perceive that a claimant hasn't lost out at all because the PPI money really should have been paid into their trust deed before the trustee was discharged. From this perspective there is no loss to put right.

That's not to say that the money might not eventually come back to you. It's just that it doesn't appear at this stage that the Financial Ombudsman is an organisation that's going to make this happen for you.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Duckbill
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2020 :  16:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All, the appeal judgement was handed down on 21/11/19. Is there a time limit on the RBS having to take some sort of action, or is this open ended?
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2020 :  17:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think rbs have 60 days from the 21st of Nov . Utter nonsense from FOS .
Go to Top of Page

Luke4630
Advanced Contributor

117 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2020 :  17:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just phoned FOS . Let's just say they are doing some back peddling . Keep you posted
Go to Top of Page

Bacardibill
Regular Contributor

19 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2020 :  20:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E mail I received today from RBS after chasing the PPI Concerns Team again...Ö
"We are still awaiting further information from the relevant department in regards to the court case judgement. As soon as there is a further update, you will be contacted."
The wait continues !!
Go to Top of Page

Duckbill
Regular Contributor

20 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2020 :  20:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Colin is correct in his post on the 13th of January, then their 60 days are up. Can any of the experts confirm if this is the case?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13520 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2020 :  22:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Duckbill,

Iím not sure we can help Iím afraid. Itís a legal question rather than debt advisory or personal insolvency related.

Iím not saying itís wrong, but Iím not in any way familiar with the 60 day term that was previously mentioned.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.