Discharge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davebs
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2019 :  18:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Just received letter from my trustee to formally confirm discharge in terms of regulation 19 of the protected trust deeds (Scotland) 2008. Does this mean I am properly discharged. Recorded in register of Insolvencies. Creditors have been advised.
Regards
David

Swandog
Advanced Contributor

200 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2019 :  19:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David,

It sure does! You have now successfully completed your Trust Deed and are now debt free.

Some celebratory drinks this weekend I hope.

How have you found the whole Trust Deed process, is it something you would recommend to someone struggling with debts?
Go to Top of Page

davebs
Contributor

8 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2019 :  19:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Swandog,just not sure relevance of reg 19. Yip will take up a glass or two.
Have to say process was smooth, but everyone’s circumstances are different. I had 4.5 years feeling a bit insecure, wondering if creditors still had chance to still pursue me, hopefully not. Apart from that cannot say what is best route out of debt for individuals
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13293 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2019 :  09:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to you davebs.

Your discharge became official when it was recorded on the Register of Insolvencies.

Glad to hear the process worked well for you.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

Swandog
Advanced Contributor

200 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2019 :  10:02:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you found it a smooth process. If set up correctly with correct information provided at the outset then this is how it should work.

Once a Trust Deed successfully becomes protected at the outset of the process this prevents creditors from pursuing you, applying interest or charges or taking legal action against you.

As long as you make all of the agreed payments and then receive your Form 5 certificate of discharge then you are debt free so please don’t worry about creditors being able to pursue you.

Focus on the future now and put the Trust Deed behind you.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

3825 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2019 :  16:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it a form 5 you received, davebs? Might be worth double-checking your entry on the register of insolvencies if you aren't certain. It is easy to access via the Accountant in Bankruptcy's website.

If there is a date showing on the "Debtor Discharge Date" row then you are officially discharged from your Trust Deed.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed    
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.