Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2016 :  17:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Just received a copy of my discharge letter dated 01/03/2016.

Can someone advise what happens next and what should I do to try and improve my credit rating.

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2016 :  17:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive just read its another three years before my credit will start to improve, Is that correct? sorry..... I should of said on my opening post it was the FORM 5 I received so Im happy its all done :)

Edited by - delpy8 on 07 March 2016 18:07:01
Go to Top of Page

Firewalker
Advanced Contributor

458 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2016 :  18:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Delpy8

Congratulations on receiving your Discharge letter! onwards and upwards!

The Trust Deed will stay on your credit file for 6 years from the date of signing.

Other defaulted creditors will stay on your file for 6 years from the date they have recorded the Default.

The Creditor default dates should match the signing date of the Trust Deed (under the Data Protection Act, the information held about you should be correct).

It is likely that some of the Creditor default dates will not always match. It is then up to you to contact the creditors to ask them to correct the date to match the Trust Deed date. If some are just a few weeks out you may wish to avoid the work required to get them changed and to focus on any that are significantly out of step with the date.

There is no desperate rush depending on when your six year anniversary is.

You may want to check out your credit reference files to see what default dates are recorded.
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2016 :  18:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Firewalker I started my trust deed on July 2012 \but had to extend it slightly due to my wife being pregnant and less income was coming In, SO I have a few years to wait :(
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2016 :  18:15:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive got a NODDLE account but not sure what the info all means as all dates are for this year ???
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

737 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2016 :  19:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your credit rating will increase as the default dates get further away; you will be eligible for "bad credit" products fairly quickly which if managed correctly can help rebuild your rating.
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13824 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2016 :  20:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello delpy8.

Congratulations to you on completing your trust deed.

It looks like you're getting some good information about rebuilding your credit rating already from tinsoldier and Firewalker.

Regarding your credit file, if you try to explain in a little more detail what isn't making sense to you I'm sure someone will be able toi point you in the right direction.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2016 :  07:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TDA I have an example below

Barclaycard (lender)
2,231 (Balance)
29/01/2016 (updated)
Default (status)
All my financial account details have (UPDATED) dates of this year, will the dates be amended once NODDLE get the info that the debt has been paid
Go to Top of Page

David Tannock
Trust Deed Expert

2383 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2016 :  11:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi delpy8,

Well done on successfully completing your Trust Deed and receiving your Form 5.

Best wishes for the future and enjoy being debt free.

David is not currently posting in the Trust-Deed.co.uk forum
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2016 :  14:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Since March most of the defaulted accounts are now showing as closed on my clear score account But Im still showing 5 from Creation that are still open, Do I need to contact Creation and ask them to update my details any help appreciated
Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4021 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2016 :  09:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you may well have to give creation a call and give them a nudge, delpy8.

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2016 :  12:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Kevin Mapstone[/i]
[br]Sounds like you may well have to give creation a call and give them a nudge, delpy8.

Hi I emailed Creation yesterday and they replied today asking for a copy of my discharge paperwork so fingers crossed this will sort it :)
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13824 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2016 :  12:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with that delpy8.

Hopefully they'll process this within a reasonable period of time. If they don't you do have the option to submit a complaint. This sometimes puts your case before a more senior and empowered employee at the firm concerned.

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

delpy8
Frequent Contributor

30 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2018 :  11:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All, it will be 6 years in June since I started my trust deed and Im still having problems with capital one as its showing still as a Default account after all this time :( I'm desperate to get my credit file sorted as Im wanting to get a car on PCP after the summer this year, Is this kind of delay a normal thing as Im currently going through resolver to try and get this sorted, I have given them my form 5 and form 6 details
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13824 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2018 :  09:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi delpy8.

I'm not 100% sure how Resolver works, but have you made a formal complaint to Capital One?

Financial institutions have to deal with formal complaints within tight timescales, and you'd have access to the Financial Ombudsman to deal with this if they didn't do so (or if you didn't agree with their final decision).

Go to Top of Page

Kevin Mapstone
Trust Deed Expert

4021 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2018 :  12:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does your credit file suggest that a balance is still owed to Capital One, delpy8? Or is it just that the date of default is still showing?

Recommended Partner & Trust Deed Expert - Ask me for help setting up a Scottish Trust Deed
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.