Trust Deed Forum - Car insurance help !!
Trust-Deed.co.uk
Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Car insurance help !!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stressedtothemax
Regular Contributor

18 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2011 :  00:10:19  Show Profile
hey all..

Well i had a funny feeling it was all going too well.
i have just tried to get car insurance and no one will allow me to pay monthly due to my credit rating..
any one else had the same issue and any suggestions how to resolve would be much appreciated. many thanks in advance

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

737 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2011 :  02:01:59  Show Profile
That's unfortunate - was this on a comparison site, throughout my TD i had no bother getting monthy insurance as long as i paid a deposit?
Go to Top of Page

TDA (Debt Adviser)
Trust Deed Expert

13361 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2011 :  09:51:04  Show Profile
Hi stressedtothemax.

This hasn't been a general issue raised in the forum much.

I wonder if other members who have obtained car insurance on monthly payment terms during a trust deed could share which insurance firms they have used...

Qualified Debt Adviser & Forum Administrator - Ask me anything about Trust Deeds    
Go to Top of Page

tinsoldier
Advanced Contributor

737 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2011 :  10:24:52  Show Profile
Yep shoud have said TDA - Hastings have never been a probem and i was also with Admiral
Go to Top of Page

saabrina
Advanced Contributor

150 Posts

Posted - 02 October 2011 :  23:35:58  Show Profile
I renewed my insurance 3 weeks ago. Was an absolute nightmare. Comparison sights will show that you can pay monthly but when you then continue to the insurers site, the monthly option is removed and they want full payment up front. The reason for this I found out is because it's all highly regulated now. I had to sign a credit agreement for the first time ever. That had nothing to do with my credit status, it's new legislation. One site I got all the way to putting in bank details for DD and when I went to pay the deposit the monthly option was withdrawn. I did eventually get a monthly deal with Swintons, just so happened that they gave me the best price too.
Go to Top of Page

trustdeed1
Advanced Contributor

280 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2011 :  16:19:19  Show Profile
Hi, I am registered bankrupt and got new insurance through Swinton on a monthly deal in April this year, it also happened to be the cheapest premium too by about 10 a month!
Go to Top of Page

Nora1304
Regular Contributor

21 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2011 :  11:14:40  Show Profile
Hi I am in a TD and got my car insured trough Saga on a monthly payment with only a deposit of the first monthly payment.
Go to Top of Page

blondie10
Frequent Contributor

26 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2011 :  10:52:35  Show Profile
I got my car insured through Axa with no problems at all
Go to Top of Page

pepper350
Frequent Contributor

42 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2011 :  20:49:59  Show Profile
i just changed car insurance about a month ago to hastings and no problem with paying monthly had to pay first months up front but think all companys do that now and also had to sign credit agreement first time for that but no problems

pepper350
Go to Top of Page

prenticebaby
Advanced Contributor

93 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2012 :  19:28:55  Show Profile
I have tried all of the above with no joy. Any others?
Go to Top of Page

upstream
Advanced Contributor

254 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2012 :  08:10:39  Show Profile
I was with the Post Office last year, and Ecar this year - never had any issues. I generally go through one of the comparison sites at renewal time.

Glad that's over with....
Go to Top of Page

prenticebaby
Advanced Contributor

93 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2012 :  23:39:19  Show Profile
Hi
I've tried both and prices are almost double that of Hastings however still I have tried at least 6 companies and none of them offer the monthly payment option, what now? I don't have a spare 450 pounds unfortunately to pay it upfront, I can't understand this as its not as if I'm asking for credit, if I failed to pay, they would surely just cancel the insurance. Arrrrrgggggh! It's due for renewal on Sunday, I don't have much time left, please help!!
Go to Top of Page

plasticdaft
Advanced Contributor

1622 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2012 :  09:38:48  Show Profile
This seems to be due to many insurers now using 3rd party companies for the credit agreement part of the insurance.

The only thing I can suggest is finding an insurance broker and being upfront with them,they will know who allows credit without checking etc.

Mine is due 3rd feb and I noticed that many of the comparison sites removed the pay monthly option if I ticked the box for legal cover???? Strange.

Paul

Trust deed completed Jan 2012,Trustee discharge Nov 2012.
A new dawn.
Go to Top of Page

plasticdaft
Advanced Contributor

1622 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2012 :  09:48:27  Show Profile
Just managed to get mine through swinton,good quote,monthly payments and 40 cashback if the policy is still running in 90 days.

A lot of the comparison websites removed the pay monthly options from me. Looks like this may become more of an issue.

Paul

Trust deed completed Jan 2012,Trustee discharge Nov 2012.
A new dawn.
Go to Top of Page

prenticebaby
Advanced Contributor

93 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2012 :  22:18:48  Show Profile
Great, swinton was very expensive for me compared to others. My partner ended up paying it in full!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:
Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.