Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Getting letters after 12 years

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Coblck Posted - 01 December 2020 : 10:08:26
Hi I've received a letter for max recovery asking for payment from a previous debt. My trust deed was complete in 2006. The company that dealt with my trust deed is no longer in business so I can't contact them for help. What is my next option.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kevin Mapstone Posted - 09 December 2020 : 13:37:44
I think it can be up to 21 days, but is often a lot quicker than that usually.
Kevin Mapstone Posted - 09 December 2020 : 13:29:29
I think it can be up to 21 days, but is often a lot quicker than that usually.
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 08 December 2020 : 20:53:58
Iím afraid I donít know the answer to that.

Like many organisations, things might be taking a little longer in the current circumstances.

Iím sure theyíll be helpful in due course though.
Coblck Posted - 08 December 2020 : 20:01:24
How long do aib usually take to reply to emails?
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 08 December 2020 : 19:53:25
Thatís handy. Send this to them as well.

The Edinburgh Gazette entry proves you tried to enter a trust deed (and was put there to alert any creditors that might have been unaware otherwise).

This letter proves your trust deed became protected.

The missing part of the jigsaw is evidence from the AIB or your trustee that you were discharged from the trust deed and from your debts.

Having said that, the information you already have might be enough to put them off continuing with any of this.
Coblck Posted - 08 December 2020 : 18:04:33
In short

YOUR TRUST DEED
I write to advise you that your trust deed has now been registered as protected and accordingly I can confirm that your creditors are no longer able to carry out any diligence against you in respect of the debts of which you have previously advised me.
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 08 December 2020 : 18:00:57
What does it say Coblck?
Coblck Posted - 08 December 2020 : 17:59:48
I have found one letter from invocas in wonder if could share with you and see if that would be enough
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 08 December 2020 : 17:34:35
Hi again Coblck.

Share the Edinburgh Gazette entry with Max Recovery and the solicitors.

Unfortunately if does not prove you completed your trust deed and were discharged from your debts. However, it does prove that you attempted to set-up a trust deed at that time and should therefore make your comments about having completed a trust deed at that time more plausible.

Tell them that you're waiting on a reply from the AIB and that you'll forward it once you have received it.

Most importantly, please try not to stress about this too much. They cannot legally enforce a debt that you've been discharged from after completing a protected trust deed.
Coblck Posted - 08 December 2020 : 17:26:10
Ive even managed to find the article in the Edinburgh gazette about the trust deed so i definitely know it s been complete
Coblck Posted - 08 December 2020 : 17:19:24
Thanks for the reply. I phoned today and told them I had a trust deed but they asked for evidence which I don't have. The debt was definitely covered as I only had the 3 debts. I have emailed accountants of bankruptcy but haven't heard anything as yet.
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 08 December 2020 : 17:11:19
Hi Coblck.

I know you're very worried and that's understandable, but if that debt was covered by a completed trust deed you've nothing to be concerned about. No solicitor will be able to legally enforce the debt.

I'd suggest contacting the solicitors and making the situation regarding your trust deed very clear to them.

I'd also suggest informing the solicitors that, as a gesture of goodwill to Max Recovery, you've contacted the AIB requesting written evidence of the dates and completion of your trust deed. Let them know you'll forward this to them once you have received a response.
Coblck Posted - 08 December 2020 : 16:28:52
Hi thanks for your reply mickboy, this has caused alot of harm as ive now moved on and married with a kid and they sent a letter to my new address and my partner opened it causing a lot of problems. Max recovery have moved the debt to there solicitors who sent a letter to my new address asking for payment by Friday. What do i do? This is making me very unwell. Ive contacted Accountant in Bankruptcy and had nothing back at all.
mickyboy.70 Posted - 08 December 2020 : 16:19:35
Hi Cobick, my understanding from personal experience is that if there has been no correspondence from max recovery for the past 6 years (England) 5 years in Scotland, then the alleged debt has legally lapsed - Trust Deed or no Trust Deed - and there is nothing they can do about it. Google 'how long before a debt lapses. I had a similar issue and one letter outlining the law to the debt collector and that was that! Good luck.

Coblck Posted - 01 December 2020 : 12:40:55
Thanks very much indeed, this has caused some old illness to flair up, i have found some letters from my old company but none of them list the creditors but do state my trust deed is protected. I have contacted the accountant in bankruptcy and will see if they can help.
I was always told not to contact these companies directly as well.

Once again thanks

Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.