Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 RBS PPI Claim After Trust Deed - 2019

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bacardibill Posted - 12 August 2019 : 18:42:25
For Info : Today I had a very dissapointing response from the FO, I had a complaint with them with regards RBS offsetting PPI monies against previous trust deed debt despite being discharged.
The FO hae gone with RBS despite the Donnelly case and up and coming October court case...........comment from my FO letter :

"I appreciate that you granted a trust deed and were
subsequently discharged, but I donít think that makes a difference. I donít think it would be fair to ask RBS to repay you the extra you paid for PPI that was offset,so your claim is denied"

I would be intetested to hear if any other forum members have had a response from FO with there existing claims about offset.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kayak Posted - 24 November 2020 : 21:07:21
Any idea Bacardibill what the case point is for RBS? Reading all the available material the only thing i could see is to tackle it from a fraudulant stance, that there was knowledge of PPI payments due at the time of Trust Deed? When i read about this, i was the same, in that i was discharged before PPI even came to light, and have proof of the same. I hope Mrs Donnelly wins, its been a long and courageous battle for her, and many of us on here.
Bacardibill Posted - 24 November 2020 : 12:48:42
For everyone's info re Set Off and RBS, I have received this note from Scottish Courts in Edinburgh today...Ö"XA17/17 Mrs Alison Donnelly v RBS, this case has a hearing set down for 1st December 2020 at the Court of Session, as you a not directly involved legally, this is all the information I can provide, the agents involved in the case are Blacklocks for the Appellants and Pinsent Masons for the Respondents"
Let's hope they get a positive result for Mrs Donnelly.
Mercgaz74 Posted - 24 November 2020 : 11:18:19
Hi Draggo70

Welcome to this forum.
I am in the same situation as you, i ended up signing the paperwork snd a full offset was conducted.
I have since seeked legal advise and if RBS start to pay these monies out we should get ours, lawyer said they need to, if not he will take up my case.
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 24 November 2020 : 09:31:55
Hi draggo70.

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

We don't have an answer to your question but there may be members who are willing to share their own views with you.
draggo70 Posted - 23 November 2020 : 21:13:24
HI fist time posting. I have been watching this thread for some time now and it looks to be going in the favour of us that were denied our ppi due to set off.
I had my claim set off back in 2017 after signing all that appropriate forms, I would like to ask the forum members if there is something that I should be doing just now to get my money if all goes well or will this be an automatic process of being paid out by the rbs.
Kayak Posted - 21 November 2020 : 13:30:01
Brian 5, well done!! However, can you share what the acceptance offer letter via FOS was please? The reason i ask is was there mention of set off in it?
Mandyn Posted - 20 November 2020 : 16:58:45
Wow well done Brian 5 ...Congratulations!!!
Brian5 Posted - 20 November 2020 : 14:57:49

My original claim against Direct Line, was successful, but I had recieved acceptance forms that I did not sign as there was a clause allowing RBOS to hold the funds against my trust deed.

I told my claims company that I had sent the forms in, but had heard nothing back, so they lodged a complaint with the FOS, months ago.

A couple of weeks ago they asked me to contact RBOS and get new accpetance forms, then sign and return them.

I haven't done that yet, So when a pile of letters from RBOS arrived this morning I thought it was probably a new batch of acceptance forms.

It is infact a pile of cheques from RBOS in settlement of my claims, the accopmanying letters thank me for accepting their offer via the FOS.

So this could be good news for everyone else, either that ot I am some special case.

Good Luck guys.

Brian.
Kayak Posted - 19 November 2020 : 21:29:29
Got a letter today saying i had not replied to a payment offer from RBS on 07/06/2019
and that i had 12 weeks from the date on the letter, 11 November 2020 (so 8 days to come from PPI Team in Manchester, must have been delivered by snail), or FAILURE TO RESPOND WITHIN THIS TIME COULD RESULT IN YOUR OFFER BEING WITHDRAWN.

I have no idea what the offer was so i have asked for it to be resent. Watch this space!
Debtnomore Posted - 18 November 2020 : 23:23:43
Just an update on my situation. I recently emailed RBS asking about whether my PPI claims would be offset against my discharged Trust Deed. They asked me to send a copy of my Form 5 which I duly did. I explained that I had been given a timescale to accept the 5 offers and that before accepting, I wanted to know what I should expect to happen. They have replied but only asking that I resend my form 5 as a pdf. More waiting. Like many others on this forum, I would just like some closure on this once and for all. Hoping it will be very soon.
kdyguy Posted - 18 November 2020 : 20:16:15
Looks like their bog standard reply, I received exactly the same this afternoon from RBS
ewenR22 Posted - 18 November 2020 : 12:59:08
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Luke4630[/i]
[br]Ewenr22 yes can send letter send me over an email to lukecg@aol.com

Thanks will do.
Luke4630 Posted - 18 November 2020 : 10:30:46
Ewenr22 yes can send letter send me over an email to lukecg@aol.com
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 17 November 2020 : 22:20:44
I honestly know nothing about it Kayak. Iím hoping someone else does and will share it here.

I could find a public online reference to the case but thatís all.

The RBS wording shared here just doesnít feel especially optimistic, but who knows after all of this time.

To be fair to them, they seem to be providing a good bit of detail in these individual email updates. Sharing more than we knew before.
Kayak Posted - 17 November 2020 : 22:02:29
It seems to be, however the other litigation is it stalling for the inevitable or do the actually have a point of law?

Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2020 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.