Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 RBS PPI Claim After Trust Deed - 2019

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bacardibill Posted - 12 August 2019 : 18:42:25
For Info : Today I had a very dissapointing response from the FO, I had a complaint with them with regards RBS offsetting PPI monies against previous trust deed debt despite being discharged.
The FO hae gone with RBS despite the Donnelly case and up and coming October court case...........comment from my FO letter :

"I appreciate that you granted a trust deed and were
subsequently discharged, but I donít think that makes a difference. I donít think it would be fair to ask RBS to repay you the extra you paid for PPI that was offset,so your claim is denied"

I would be intetested to hear if any other forum members have had a response from FO with there existing claims about offset.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Luke4630 Posted - 10 May 2021 : 07:41:56
Just had a look on forum .my apologies to anyone not in WhatsApp group could I ask anyone not in group if you could email me on lukecg@aol.com and I will bring you up to speed there is currently a complaint in against the FCA. I would like to forward you there reply and you can read .
kdyguy Posted - 29 April 2021 : 19:00:35
I don't do whatsapp either, just been posting if I get any reply from RBS, just the usual ' we hope to have a decision soon' response to date
head-just-above-water Posted - 29 April 2021 : 12:34:42
If someone can post updates to here that would be great for people who don't do WhatsApp. Thanks
leeper1974 Posted - 29 April 2021 : 12:08:12
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Duckbill[/i]
[br]It has been some time since I posted anything on this thread and I see that the last post was 4 weeks ago. Is the thread now inactive or it simply a lack of activity?

Hi itís kinda been taken offline within a WhatsApp group for those pursuing RBS. As of today apparently theyll have a response ďvery soonĒ but no idea on the outcome yet.
Duckbill Posted - 29 April 2021 : 11:55:37
It has been some time since I posted anything on this thread and I see that the last post was 4 weeks ago. Is the thread now inactive or it simply a lack of activity?
Angibabes Posted - 30 March 2021 : 13:37:01
I called RBS today to find out what was happening and was told mt PPI complaints were still with the payments team. No decision has been nor can they give a timeline either
kdyguy Posted - 29 March 2021 : 17:22:25
Got the reply below from an email sent last week, hopefully should hear shortly

I spoke with a member of the Legal Team last week who advised me that they were due to meet with the Executive Team last Thursday to discuss this matter. They advised:

®These meetings only take place once every three weeks, hence the further delay. Please advise anyone contacting you that we will be writing out to customers thereafter. As the customer may be aware, there were two Donnelly decisions (the Supreme Court and the Court of Session decision) which has caused a degree of complexity.®

Iím still waiting to hear back from them after last Thursdayís meeting, but as per above, as soon as there is an update on the Bankís position you will be contacted with the other impacted customers.
Didi1962 Posted - 19 March 2021 : 18:19:44
Kdyguy I keep on at them they will get fed up and hopefully get some positive feedback. Phoned them yesterday and they said that the trust deed side of things is on hold, assuming that is because itís with the legal department. Hopefully we will hear soon.
kdyguy Posted - 18 March 2021 : 19:10:38
Thanks Didi1962, I got that reply over a month ago now, don't like to keep emailing RBS for updates
Didi1962 Posted - 18 March 2021 : 14:06:21
Kdyuy havenít heard anything from them other than itís with their legal team,and apparently they are awaiting results from another court case! I was assured it would be resolved in near future.
kdyguy Posted - 17 March 2021 : 20:01:50
Just wondering if anyone has had an update on RBS position?
Luke4630 Posted - 25 February 2021 : 10:29:03
Hi angibabes seen your message we currently have a WhatsApp group at 17 members you are welcome to join . my email is on previous messages
Kayak Posted - 25 February 2021 : 07:41:06
Last communication I had with them I said I needed an answer as I was in similar position to Mrs Donnelly case, and they sent a standard reply, still awaiting their legal teams advice.
Kayak Posted - 24 February 2021 : 22:27:26
If you send anything, send copies not originals.
Angibabes Posted - 24 February 2021 : 13:47:55
Hi there

I got my letters last week and I phoned them up, explained to the call handler that I didn't accept the last offer due to rbs setting off. I was told if I sent my trust deed completion certificate that the payments team would take this into consideration when issuing payment.

I wonder if anyone else has been told this?

Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.