Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Discharge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
davebs Posted - 24 April 2019 : 18:48:06
Hi
Just received letter from my trustee to formally confirm discharge in terms of regulation 19 of the protected trust deeds (Scotland) 2008. Does this mean I am properly discharged. Recorded in register of Insolvencies. Creditors have been advised.
Regards
David
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kevin Mapstone Posted - 25 April 2019 : 16:35:28
Is it a form 5 you received, davebs? Might be worth double-checking your entry on the register of insolvencies if you aren't certain. It is easy to access via the Accountant in Bankruptcy's website.

If there is a date showing on the "Debtor Discharge Date" row then you are officially discharged from your Trust Deed.
Swandog Posted - 25 April 2019 : 10:02:55
Glad to hear you found it a smooth process. If set up correctly with correct information provided at the outset then this is how it should work.

Once a Trust Deed successfully becomes protected at the outset of the process this prevents creditors from pursuing you, applying interest or charges or taking legal action against you.

As long as you make all of the agreed payments and then receive your Form 5 certificate of discharge then you are debt free so please donít worry about creditors being able to pursue you.

Focus on the future now and put the Trust Deed behind you.
TDA (Debt Adviser) Posted - 25 April 2019 : 09:26:07
Congratulations to you davebs.

Your discharge became official when it was recorded on the Register of Insolvencies.

Glad to hear the process worked well for you.
davebs Posted - 24 April 2019 : 19:45:09
Thanks for that Swandog,just not sure relevance of reg 19. Yip will take up a glass or two.
Have to say process was smooth, but everyoneís circumstances are different. I had 4.5 years feeling a bit insecure, wondering if creditors still had chance to still pursue me, hopefully not. Apart from that cannot say what is best route out of debt for individuals
Swandog Posted - 24 April 2019 : 19:32:53
Hi David,

It sure does! You have now successfully completed your Trust Deed and are now debt free.

Some celebratory drinks this weekend I hope.

How have you found the whole Trust Deed process, is it something you would recommend to someone struggling with debts?

Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2022 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) AMI Financial Solutions Limited. Company Number: SC533818. Trading Address: Unit 1017, Mile End Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, 12 Seedhill Road, Paisley, PA1 1JS. Tel: 0141 848 6353. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.