Home Home Page

Trust Deed Forum
Trust Deed Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Trust Deeds
 Scottish Trust Deed Forum
 Home Equity at end of PTD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
1426 Posted - 11 August 2021 : 19:44:42
Hello all,

Is there an assessment of your home value vs outstanding mortgage at the end of a PTD.

My house value has increased by almost the same amount as original debt over the last 3 years.. I know I won’t be able to get equity out as my mortgage provider won’t lend me anything extra.

Could I be forced to extend my Trust Deed because of this, or could the Trustee force me to try and release equity?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DBHA21 Posted - 12 August 2021 : 12:36:20
No problem - hopefully it was helpful

I should point out, some Trustees include in the Form 1B a condition that you will try to remortgage to release the equivalent sum to the equity at the start. It's unlikely this would be successful as you are in a Trust Deed. In this scenario, the Trust Deed is usually extended if the remortgage is unsuccessful.

Other typical agreements include an extension to realise sufficient funds or a third party payment during the course of the four years. In all these scenarios, the equity is based on the START of the TD

Hopefully your Form 1B provides you with the clarity you need
1426 Posted - 11 August 2021 : 20:52:01
Thank you for the response DBHA21
DBHA21 Posted - 11 August 2021 : 20:42:30
Hi 1426,

When you signed your Trust Deed, you will have signed a Form 1B - this is a legally binding agreement between you and your Trustee as to how they will deal with the equity in your home.

Provided you stick to the agreement in the Form 1B, the equity amount will be based on the amount at the START of the Trust Deed. Best advice is to look out or request a copy of your Form 1B

Trust Deed Forum © 2008 - 2021 www.trust-deed.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

(c) Bright Oak Limited. Company Number: 06774006. Data Protection Registration: Z1657982.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trust-Deed.co.uk, Clyde Offices, 2nd Floor, 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Tel: 0141 2490416.